https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work on a permanent basis in the Staffordshire area.
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with mechanical pipeline design experience from the oil, gas, petrochemical or similar industries.
Salary is c£34-38,000 per annum.
· Work in accordance with ISO 9001 and the client quality management system standards
· Perform mechanical conceptual and detailed designs in accordance with customer specifications in direct support of both major and minor projects.
· Undertake site surveys and site visits to support the design process.
· Provide Mechanical Engineering advice and undertake liaison with all other Engineering Disciplines in support of Engineering related issues.
· Liaison with suppliers in regard to material procurement.
· Liaison with other sectors of the business such as manufacturing and installation teams in relation to mechanical engineering issues.
· Commercial monitoring of mechanical aspects of the projects being supported.
· At least a HNC in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
· Understanding of the full project lifecycle
· 5 years proven experience of mechanical pipeline design in an oil, gas or petrochemical industry
· BEng or equivalent degree in a Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
· Awareness of the NG G17 / G35 design process.
· Understanding of pipeline welding and painting standards.
If the Mechanical Design Engineer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW or press APPLY NOW!