http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer looking for job security? My client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their expanding team in the Chorley area. The company is in need of new staff due to the increase in work load.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer who can mode in AutoCAD inventor. Designing special purpose machines and handling equipment. Working in a range of industries including Nuclear, aerospace, automotive, defence and medical
- Design from first principles, handling equipment, jigs and tools, automation.
- Understanding of materials, heat treatment processes and their choices for the right application
- Understanding of tolerancing and geometrical tolerances.
- Able to get involved with the manufacturing process
- Knowledge of how to make the component you are designing
- Able to work as part of a team and be able to accept other people’s designs other than your own
- Model on Inventor
- Completed a recognised, certificated Mechanical Design apprenticeship
- Educated to HNC standard or equivalent
- Significant experience in design field,
- Self-starter, proactive, prepared to take the initiative and work without direct supervision
- Works well under pressure
- Practical approach
- Team player
You will be working on a day shift Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
Salary is circa £45,000 – £50,000 dependent on experience.
Candidates should be flexible, and have a willingness to work overtime, which will be a regular requirement of the role.
If you are interested in the role, please click apply in the first instance.