https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Mechanical Design Engineer – Warrington – Permanent – £35,000 to £40,000 pa
Working for a specialist engineering company based in Warrington, you will work directly under the Engineering Manager or Research & Development Manager and will be responsible for the design of mechanical and electro-mechanical positioning systems.
- Produce designs to meet defined specifications (3D CAD, general assembly and detailed manufacturing drawings).
- Prepare parts lists/ bill of materials.
- Review and improve existing designs for cost-effective manufacturing across full product range.
- Produce conceptual designs to support proposals and quotations, developing new custom solutions to meet client’s needs.
- Research and introduce new manufacturing techniques that may be appropriate.
- Operate and maintain records in accordance with the company’s Quality Management System and document management system. (including Autodesk Vault).
Requirements for the role:
- Excellent mechanical design knowledge and experience of electromechanical positioning systems.
- Degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years 3D CAD experience, preferably with Autodesk Inventor.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and visualise mechanisms.
- Good analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
£35 – 40,000 pa
Full Time, Permanent
To apply for the role of Mechanical Design Engineer please click apply now.