We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer (creo) to work on a permanent basis in the Manchester area. The Mechanical Design Engineer will be working within an R&D Department of a large engineering company.
Salary is c£32,000-37,000 per annum, plus benefits.
Our client is ideally seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer who is Degree qualified and a member or the IMechE or looking to pursue Chartership or further career development.
Ideally, the successful Mechanical Design Engineer will have experience of using Creo and designing subassemblies and/or machined components.
- Responsible to Head of Mechanical for specific parts of product design and working to the current quality system.
- Ensure the company health and safety procedures are adhered to all the time, only operating equipment for which you are suitably qualified or have received suitable training.
- Engineering the specification of new designs.
- Detailed design and associated documentation.
- Provide the Head of Mechanical and/or R&D Manager with as accurate as possible, estimates of timescales for designs.
- Use the Management Information Systems for creating and controlling bills of materials, drawing numbers and bought out parts.
- Raising Manufacturing Change Notes for design changes and enhancements.
- Raising permits and concessions as appropriate to allow production to continue.
- The implementation of approved changes to the design.
- Liaison with new and old suppliers both on and off site.
- Liaison with Fitters and Test Engineers.
- Building prototype assemblies.
- Meeting appropriate company, national and international standards in product design.
- To keep up to date with available third party components.
- To keep up to date with mechanical design techniques. To raise Design Change Requests whenever problems or opportunities arise.
- Evaluation and testing of prototype designs.
- Investigation of problems found on existing designs in engineering, test and from field failures.
- Provide support to the Purchasing team to evaluate new and existing suppliers.
- Providing technical assistance and advice to colleagues as required.
If the Mechanical Design Engineer (Creo) position could be of interest to you, please press APPLY NOW!