http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
My Client based in Knutsford, Cheshire are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer. The sucessful Candidate will be qualified to HNC level as a minmum, preferably degree educated (2:1 or 1st in Mechanical Engineering) and ideally from a food/packaging/special purpose machinery background.
This role attracts a salary of up to £36,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications)
The basic working week is 40 hours (Mon – Fri) and the working pattern is 8.00am – 4.30pm (from home & Company office).
- 20 days holiday + B/Hols – increasing 1 day a year to max of 25 days + B/Hols
- Availability of bonus depends on company performance and is discretionary
- Company Pension
- 30 minutes lunch and 2 x 15 minute breaks
Working alongside the Head of Design and Senior Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design of all mechanical parts and tooling equipment in accordance with customer requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely production of Mechanical and Tooling Assemblies upon instruction from Head of Design and Senior Tooling Design Engineer in accordance with the customer requirements.
- Liaise with both sales and projects to ensure the design meets the agreed specification.
- Liaise with CNC programmer to ensure efficient manufacture of both mechanical and tooling components.
- To produce accurate trial plate, film layout and detailed tooling drawings to meet the demands of the customer.
- Produce full machine and proposal layout drawings.
- Liaise with Systems Design Engineers to ensure the machine design is electrically and mechanically compatible.
- Liaise with shop floor to relay accurate machine and tooling build information.
- Produce component drawings for all machined and fabricated items and liaise with production to ensure the accurate relay of mechanical build information
- Identify component parts required for a machine build, in accordance with the Company’s recognised Supplier and parts listings if necessary sourcing alternative suppliers/components in liaison with the Head of Design.
- Ensure that all documentation and information is maintained and stored on a day to day basis and in the appropriate manner.
- Respond promptly to requests to attend customer sites for the purpose of diagnosing machine/tooling operational faults or design related problems.
- Ensure that fault finding activity is arranged to cause minimum disruption to the
customer and that situations are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible liaising
with the customer as required
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and
colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective
performance of the role.
- HNC as a minimum, ideally Mechanical Engineering degree with a grade of 2.1 or higher (or equivalent)
- Application of engineering data. (Tolerances on drawings)
- Understanding of pneumatic components, and their function
- Use of 3D CAD system
- Understanding of electrical components, and their function
- Experience of CNC machining
- Full Driving License / Passport
- Ability to stay away from home overnight
You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work. If you are interested in the role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.