https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Working for this leading global specialist manufacturing business as the Mechanical Design Lead this is a role split, split evenly between leading / coordinating of the assigned design team and undertaking mechanical design activities.
You’ll be responsible for coordination / management of the assigned team, monitoring and managing of design deliverables, and leading process / product improvement initiatives.
You will act as a competent Technical Authority for the business in the assigned product area.
Duties and responsibilities are wide and varied but in the main will include:
- Originate, check and authorise technical specifications and mechanical designs
- Originate, authorise and approve designs and design modifications.
- Uphold design compliance with Internal, National, and International Engineering standards
- Develop and enhance the design department capability, both in terms of efficiency and technical capability.
- Manage resources and design programs to deliver designs to Cost, Quality, and Schedule
- Management of the assigned area of the design department along with associated design engineers and support contractors.
- Manage resource, key skills and programs to deliver designs to cost, quality, and schedule.
- Lead design and process improvement initiatives including; development of proposals, management of their sign off, and delivery.
- Manage design within the budget parameters of the contract.
- Deliver departmental and project budgets and achieve the financial return required
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of detailed design office procedures / best practice documents.
- Implement and maintain design and engineering standards in compliance with ISO or relevant customer specified international standards.
- Achieve the sign off and acceptance of design reviews with clients (where required)
- Attend project and progress reviews to identify pertinent issues and required actions.
- Client Interface, liaise and interface with clients in the development of the technical requirements and design.
- Travel to meet clients and attend meetings and reviews as required with the scope of the project.
- Liaisons & Client Interface
- Research, develop and innovate new concepts and designs using current technological advancements.
- Introduce new products, materials and processes into designs where beneficial to the business and customer.
- Value Engineering
- Ensure technical files are maintained throughout the life of the design process.
- Manage and approve the following design documentation (Drawings, CE documentation, Calculations Reliability Data, Bill of Materials Maintainability Data, Parts Schedules Specifications, Cutting Lists Reports and Risk Schedules
- Ensure any staff under your control are adequately supervised and kept fully aware of Company’s objectives, policy decisions and procedures.
Salary negotiable depending on experience, the role benefits from free parking away from the city centre and an early finish on a Friday.
To apply for the role of Mechanical Design Lead please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.