https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Mechanical / Physical Calibration Engineer / Technician required immediately for a permanent position in the Derby area. Salary is £20,000 – £25,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications) The Dimensional Calibration Engineer will be working circa 40 hours (Mon – Fri Days), 28 days (including bank hols) and company pension scheme.
The client may also consider mechanical quality inspectors or apprentice trained mechanical engineers / technicians who have experience of using standard measuring equipment and carrying out in-house calibrations.
- £20,000 – £25,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 20 days holiday + stats
- company pension scheme
- Possible flexi time
- 5x for Midweek O/T and Saturday hours, 2x for Sunday hours
The successful Mechanical Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- To calibrate Mechanical / Physical measuring instrumentation to company procedures, specific parameters and in line with industry standards
- Accurately recording results and in line with industry standards
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Mechanical / Physical Calibration Engineer / Technician role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant mechanical or quality engineering apprenticeship.
- Must have previous experience of using and calibrating digital and manual measuring devices such as torque tools, force, physical, mass, pressure and vacuum gauges to in-house or national / traceable standards.
- Must be PC literate – MS Word & MS Excel.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
The ideal Mechanical / Physical Calibration Engineer / Technician will have the following experience / characteristics:
- Previous experience as a Mechanical or Physical Calibration Engineer / Technician
- Experience of calibrating digital and manual measuring devices such as torque tools, force, physical, mass, pressure and vacuum gauges to UKAS standards.
- Previous experience of working in the calibration industry.
Key words: Calibration, Test, Verification, Measurement, Quality, Calibrate, Metrology, ISO9000, UKAS, ISO 17025, Mechanical, Physical, Pressure Gauges, Torque Wrench, Torque Tools, Vacuum Gauge, Tensile Testers, Hardness Testers, Mass, Dimensional, Engineer, Standards Room Inspector, Technician, Manufacturing, Engineering Aerospace, Automotive, Rail, Permanent, Loughborough, Derby, Nottingham, Derbyshire, East Midlands
The successful Torque Calibration Engineer / Instrument Calibration Technician will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Physical Calibration Technician / Mechanical Calibration Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.