https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work on a permanent basis for a global manufacturing company near Skelmersdale.
Our client is looking for someone Degree qualified (ideally in Mechanical Engineering) and either Chartered or working towards Chartered status.
Salary is c£50-60,000 per annum plus management car subsidy, bonus, BUPA, holidays etc.
Our client is looking for someone from a process plant and/or piping background with experience of running projects.
There may be time you need to travel away from home (possibly overseas at times).
Duties will include:
Be responsible for the technical accuracy of the project delivery.
* Lead and supervise internal and external design resources to produce the required design output.
* Lead piping/process design verification reviews against approved Design Specifications agreed with the Client and/or key internal Stakeholders.
* Ensure highest quality of delivery when producing or presenting designs to internal and/or customer standards.
* Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
* Be well versed in independently managing projects including chairing and presenting at meetings with key internal Stakeholders, Clients and Contract Parties.
* Communicate and collaborate with engineers and technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.
* Control off site activities, including sub-contractors, as directed by Senior Engineer/Site Agent.
* Act as an ambassador for safety on Construction Projects we lead.
* Design and specification of process equipment and piping systems.
* On site management of piping and/or process equipment installation contracts.
* Willingness to travel overseas spending periods on construction sites at home and abroad.
* High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software i.e. Word, Excel, Project
* Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering
* Chartered or working towards Chartership
If the Mechanical Engineer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!