https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
I am currently looking to recruit and Mechanical Engineer for my prestigious client based near Skelmersdale.
My client delivers capital projects throughout the group globally from new greenfield plants, major shutdown and overhaul projects on existing plants to technical support to the manufacturing operations.
I am looking to appoint two suitably experienced Mechanical Engineers to lead design, procurement, installation and commissioning activities for these projects.
The successful candidates will:
- Be responsible for the technical content of the project or package
- Lead and supervise internal and external design resources to produce the required design outputs
- Lead design verification reviews against approved Design Specifications agreed with the Client and/or key internal Stakeholders
- Ensure highest quality of delivery when producing or presenting designs to internal and/or customer standards
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and innovative solutions.
- Have experience in independently managing projects or large packages within projects including chairing and presenting at meetings with key internal Stakeholders, Clients and Contract Parties.
- Communicate and collaborate with engineers and technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.
- Control off site activities, including sub-contractors, as directed by Senior Engineer/Site Agent.
- Act as an ambassador for safety on sites and projects we deliver.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Existing experience in process industries and/or a desire to work in a multidiscipline project engineering environment with a heavy process industry.
- Working for a customer/manufacturer engineering organisation, large engineering contractor or equipment supplier.
- Design and specification of mechanical and process equipment and piping systems.
- Experience or a desire to gain experience of site management of mechanical equipment, process piping and/or process equipment installation contracts.
- Willingness to travel overseas spending periods on construction sites at home and abroad.
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software i.e. Word, Excel, MS Project
If you are interested please give Carl @ GPW Recruitment a call on 01744 454300 or email cfoster @ gpwrecruitment . co . uk