https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work on a permanent basis in the nuclear industry in Somerset.
Our client is interested in candidates of all levels from graduate through to Lead, Principal and Chartered Engineers.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
Duties and experience:
- Deliver on-time a safe, mature, constructible and commissionable design to drive for “25 the MEH erection activities
- Accountable for one integrated level 3 engineering schedule from “End-to-End
- Accountable for the integrated delivery of MEH Design from “End-to-End”, in a building and system perspective
- Provides constructible Design deliverables with appropriate quality and maturity level
- Supports Configuration Management
- Leverages on lessons learnt from Taishan and Flamanville 3 Projects and ensures continuous and progressive improvement linked to Design, Constructability and repetition as project evolves
- Focuses on Detailed Design and Execution Design handovers/releases (including constructability)
- Dimensions to balance; schedule – Design maturity – costs/risks
- Overall coordination and cooperation across multi relevant Design entities
- The candidate should have good leadership qualities, be highly motivated, well organised and capable of working within a closely-knit team.
- They need to be able to respond well to the demands of working in the nuclear sector.
- They need to be able to communicate, build relationships, be proactive and be part of a team.
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Working site knowledge in the design & delivery of large complex mechanical projects
- Commissioning experience
- Understanding of civil & anchorages
- Ability to work collaboratively and in an integrated team environment
- Ability to produce informative, concise reports
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communications skills & interpersonal skills, including questioning for clarification and establishing of facts, observation and active listening
- Ability to cope well under pressure & work within tight timeframes
- Clear decision-making ability with the acumen to judge complex situations & assess when to escalate issues
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Fluent English – written & verbal
- Experience working in a regulated, secure nuclear environment.
- Experience and understanding of working in a Nuclear and Safety Quality Culture
- Experience in Mechanical, Electrical or HVAC erection
- Awareness of EDF standards & procedures beneficial.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution.
* Experience of working in a fast pace engineering
If the Mechanical Engineer role could be of itnerest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!