https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work on a permanent basis in the Oxford area.
Salary is c£40-45,000 per annum
Our client is seeking someone ideally with a strong nuclear background or will consider candidates from a highly regulated industry; Oil&Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical etc.
The Mechanical Engineer is principally a hands-on design based role with a degree of team leadership. The Mechanical Engineer can be responsible for delivering a package of work within a project. You will have frequent liaison with other disciplines in the design team and within the client. Mechanical engineers are the main interface between senior engineers and hands-on detail design engineers.
Key responsibilities for a Mechanical Engineer:
- Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications and requirements.
- Prepare supporting design calculations to substantiation of designs.
- Check design calculations of designers and other engineers within the team
- Actively contribute to design & safety reviews (Risk Assessments & HAZOP’s) from technical standpoint
- Preparation of technical specifications in liaison with client and project team
- Produce design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works, method statements, risk assessments, technical files and other technical documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation/regulatory requirements and those of the client
- Prepare installation, commissioning and operating documents
- Planning & allocation of workload to members of design team in order to deliver packages of work
- Management of sub-contractors providing niche services to the design.
Ideally you will have the following skills, experience and attributes…
- A recognised engineering qualification such as HNC / HND / Degree.
- Membership of a discipline specific Institution (e.g. IMechE; IstructE; IED)
- >5 Years’ experience in the role of design in a nuclear environment, or other equivalent highly regulated industry.
- Good understanding of Inventor & AutoCAD.
- Experience in design for manufacture.
- Good knowledge of detail design and detailed drawing production within a high tech industry environment.
- Ability to working to tight deadlines & a strong team player attitude.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions.
- Good understanding of Statutory and safety Regulations and their appropriate utilisation.
- Proven track record within a project environment with strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Customer/client liaison skills and good commercial awareness.
- Demonstrable competence gained in a design delivery position.
- Knowledge of generic mechanical principle such as forces, stresses, materials selection & design principles
- Degree Qualified in a relevant technical/engineering discipline.
- Expertise and experience gained in the nuclear industry.
- Inspection, Installation, Commissioning experience (site or planning)
- Management and technical delivery of medium sized design teams in the delivery of scheme / preliminary design packages
- Management of sub-contractors.
- Inventor modelling skills.
- Experience in delivering piping and skid projects.
- Glovebox design and manufacture.
- Strong knowledge and high standards in drafting and drawing checking