http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Mechanical Estimator to work on a permanent basis in the Warrington area.
Salary is c£30-34,000 per annum plus company vehicle
Purpose of Role
To have full process ownership from report submission to quote conversion, liaising with customers to understand their requirements and drive profitable revenue for the business.
- To take responsibility in ensuring a high standard of work always
- To provide a high-quality service to our customers, recognising their specific requirements to produce an accurate quotation if necessary
- To produce quotations for Internal and External Staff and Customers in line with team KPI’s.
- To protect the businesses commercial interests by ensuring quotations are produced with profitability in mind.
- To attend, whenever necessary, meetings/surveys to gather information to assist in the production of quotations and tenders
- To assist in the preparation of tender documentation and RFQ
- To provide technical and commercial assistance to the sales force
- To liaise with customers over mechanical quotations and to answer any queries they may have.
- To seek opportunities to introduce the Company’s products/services to existing and/or potential customers.
- To work a minimum of 40 hours a week
- To adhere to all Health & Safety at Work Regulations, Risk Assessments, the client Compliance Health & Safety Policy and method statements
Extent of Authority
- Organizing and prioritizing own workload as directed by line manager
- Not permitted to order goods/consumables without official purchase order being raised and authorised.
- Not permitted to discipline or dismiss any other company employee.
- Not permitted to order any items of capital equipment. Report any breach of the company’s Equal Opportunities or Discrimination Policies by any member of staff to a Director
- Recommend to any manager ways in which we can improve our service
Skills and Knowledge Required
- PC literate with a knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to interpret content of reports
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and stay calm under pressure
- Be comfortable liaising with customers via phone and email, excellent communication and people skills
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- An excellent team player, and work under own initiative
- Excellent levels of literacy and numeracy
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure KPI’s and targets are achieved
- An understanding of the commerciality and profitability of new business
- A good working knowledge of workplace Health & Safety
What benefits can we offer you?
Fuel Card (for business use)
28 Days Holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
If the Mechanical Estimator role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!