http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Mechanical Fitter to work on a permanent basis in North Yorkshire.
Salary up to £25,000 per annum
The Mechanical Fitter is responsible for undertaking or complying with the following:
- Delivery of the Mechanical Fitting production schedule.
- Continual Improvement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Delivery of Production Schedule
- Undertakes mechanical fitting activities allocated on the production schedule / work-to list to meet production targets.
- Precision fitting, assembly and testing of manufactured equipment.
- Feedback to engineering design including attending design reviews as required.
- Site working when required.
- Defining assembly methods from engineering drawings.
- Sourcing and operating test equipment for various testing activities.
- General report writing for recording tests, troubleshooting and assembly procedures.
- Analysis of parts lists and BOMs to track parts.
- Maintenance of factory machine tools and equipment.
- Fault-finding and repair of mechanical equipment.
- Support routing estimation activities.
- Ongoing assessment of fitting processes and procedures to identify and implement improvements.
- Identifying new working methods, tooling or other systems that may improve efficiency.
- Implementation of continual improvement initiatives such as visual management tools and tool box talks.
- Identify Lean and 5S opportunities.
- Awareness and knowledge of hazards, PPE requirements and emergency procedures.
- Responsible for house-keeping of allocated work areas.
- Promote adherence to the client’s Health and Safety Policy, for example:
- Reporting near misses and accidents.
- Point of work risk assessments and method statements.
- Promote adherence to the client’s manufacturing processes and procedures to support consistency and quality of manufacturing work.
- Work with Production Engineer(s) and Inspectors to resolve quality issues.
- Complete self-inspection of produced components prior to final Inspection.
Key Skills and Competencies
- A wide range of precision fitting and assembly skills with experience in mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Capability of reading and interpreting mechanical drawings.
- Must have a very high attention to detail.
- High level of initiative and comfortable working without supervision.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Logical, precise and methodical approach to problem solving.
- General competency in use of computers.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles.
HND / Higher Apprenticeship in a related discipline.
If the Mechanical Fitter role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!