https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
As the Mechanical Fitter / Detail Fitter you are responsible for the Manufacture, Assembly, Installation, Commission and maintenance of Hardware Products and equipment for this specialist manufacturer.
Duties as the Mechanical Fitter / Details Fitter
- Interpret engineering drawings, documents, manuals and technical instructions with clear understanding.
- Work in accordance with drawings and technical documentation to the Dimensional data, Tolerance, Finish, Treatment stated or required.
- Be skilled in the use of measuring equipment and be able to interpret accurately measurements.
- Have knowledge and skill in the use of hand tools, power tools and any other equipment required to undertake manufacture.
- Have knowledge and skill in the set up, guarding and use of appropriate machinery required to undertake manufacture.
- Have a working knowledge of the materials and products that you are working with in the manufacturing process.
- Plan and co-ordinate manufacturing activities in liaison with Team Leader and Supervisor.
- Ensure Company procedures and policies are adhered to.
- Ensure the preservation of materials, work in progress and equipment during manufacture, assembly and installation.
- Ensure all material issues are accurately booked against the works order and material usage controlled.
- Post production activities must be attended to including but not limited to the return of spare material, production tools and Client drawings.
- When working on a Clients site, provide a professional client interface and ensure good site discipline is maintained.
- Ensure that good housekeeping of the manufacturing environment is maintained in all areas at all times.
- Work in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Statutory Regulation
- Work in accordance with the Company Quality Assurance System and Company Procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as identified from time to time by your Team Leader or Supervisor.
We are looking at both contract and permanent roles paying £15.05 per hour, there’s also chance to progress into a Team Leader role.
To apply for the role of Mechanical Fitter / Detail Fitter please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.