https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
As the Mechanical Fitter / Detail Fitter / Aircraft Fitter you are responsible for the Manufacture, Assembly, Installation, Commission and maintenance of Hardware Products and equipment for this specialist manufacturer.
Duties as the Mechanical Fitter / Details Fitter / Aircraft Fitter
- Interpret engineering drawings, documents, manuals and technical instructions with clear understanding.
- Work in accordance with drawings and technical documentation to the Dimensional data, Tolerance, Finish, Treatment stated or required.
- Be skilled in the use of measuring equipment and be able to interpret accurately measurements.
- Have knowledge and skill in the use of hand tools, power tools and any other equipment required to undertake manufacture.
- Have knowledge and skill in the set up, guarding and use of appropriate machinery required to undertake manufacture.
- Have a working knowledge of the materials and products that you are working with in the manufacturing process.
- Plan and co-ordinate manufacturing activities in liaison with Team Leader and Supervisor.
- Ensure Company procedures and policies are adhered to.
- Ensure the preservation of materials, work in progress and equipment during manufacture, assembly and installation.
- Ensure all material issues are accurately booked against the works order and material usage controlled.
- Post production activities must be attended to including but not limited to the return of spare material, production tools and Client drawings.
- When working on a Clients site, provide a professional client interface and ensure good site discipline is maintained.
- Ensure that good housekeeping of the manufacturing environment is maintained in all areas at all times.
- Work in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Statutory Regulation
- Work in accordance with the Company Quality Assurance System and Company Procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as identified from time to time by your Team Leader or Supervisor.
We are looking at both contract and permanent roles there’s also chance to progress into a Team Leader role.
To apply for the role of Mechanical Fitter / Detail Fitter please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.