https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to be based in Leyland on a permanent basis.
You will be reporting directly to the Production Management. In this role your duties will include maintenance, mechanical repairs and breakdowns. You must be prepared to work shifts and overtime as required.
- Maintain and repair print and/or flow wrap systems along with any other machinery/systems such as embossing and attaching machines.
- 5 GCSE’s (C and above) including English and Maths
- Computer Literate
- Apprentice trained
- ONC/HNC in engineering related discipline
- Working knowledge of PLC systems, Servo drives, inverters, AC & DC systems, 3 phase installations
- Fault finding experience
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to be able to both work independently and as part of a team
- Good analytical skills and mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail and awareness of health and safety good practices
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to use initiative but also able to follow instructions
Terms of Employment:
- Normal hours of work are 40 per week with 30 minute unpaid lunch break each day working on the day shift
- Times of work to be agreed with management
- You may be required to work various shifts including night shifts
- You may be required to work overtime
- Annual holiday entitlement 5.6 weeks (including public/bank holidays)
- Rate of pay dependent on experience and qualifications