https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
My client based in Stockport, Manchester are recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer preferably with experience in the Food, Beverage/ Brewery or FMCG industries on a permanent contract.
Working alongside the Engineering Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for site maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of production by providing engineering support to production teams across the operation.
Please note, you must be flexible to work various 8 hour shift patterns between the hours of 5am and Midnight over Monday to Friday.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary – £35,000 – £37,000
- Hours – Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week
- Holidays – 22 days plus bank holidays in 1st year increasing to 27 days plus bank holiday
- Private health insurance scheme
- Company pension scheme
Day to day duties will include:
- Understand how the numerous machines work that are involved in the processing and packaging operations at UPC and / or Brewery operations
- Provide electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and process maintenance cover on a day to day basis on all production and site assets as indicated by the Maintenance Manager
- Record and reduce Unplanned downtime levels
- Proactively work to avoid unnecessary downtime, including repairs/changes prior to breakdowns. Participate in planned maintenance schedules
- To keep maintenance and quality records as required, using paper and computerised systems as specified by the Company
- Fault diagnosis on automated systems using laptop PC and PLC’s to resolve faults and control issues
- To maintain the immediate work area, workshops, and engineering service areas to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness and ensure that all engineering equipment is removed from production areas as soon as a job is completed
- To work as part of the Engineering Team with respect to Engineering maintenance, repair, and continuous improvement.
- Liaise with any other area of the business as required, such as production
- Properly record all parts used for maintenance and repair, booking out against line / equipment
- Order spare parts from suppliers as and when required
- To identify and carry out Continuous Improvement (CI) activities in conjunction with line production colleagues, and create T-Cards to cover these
- Carry out line changeover activities in conjunction with production colleagues
- Provide assistance in the development of the engineering apprentice
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in a safe working manner in accordance with the Company Health & Safety Policy and safe working practices
- Elimination of “quick/temporary fix” approach to engineering
- Compliance to all risk assessments (COSHH, PUWER, EAWR, LOLER and BS7671 Regulations) and that all other engineering regulations are adhered to
- Apprentice Trained Mechanical / Multi Skilled Engineer
- Knowledge and use of lean methods & tools
- Strong analytical and decision making capability
- Carry out PPM and breakdown repair effectively
- Must be technically proficient with strong electrical and mechanical skills
- Continuous improvement and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to interpret documentation in English Language
- Experience in food FMCG or equivalent process industry
- H&S qualification
- Full UK driving licence & Own transport
- Be flexible to cover colleagues holiday, sickness, and training
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the required experience please click the apply now button.