http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer required ASAP to cover various Conti-shifts (12hr days / 12hr nights) for the next 1-3 months at FMCG client in Wigan / St Helens Area. The rate of pay is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). This role may suit an engineer already work conti-shifts looking for extra income. There is also a possibility that the role may become a long term contract / permanent if the candidate performs well in the role.
The successful Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias) day to day duties will include:
- The Mechanical Shift Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance & repair of the plant, machinery, and associated equipment using the current processes and systems to achieve and exceed performance targets.
- Liaise with production Team Leaders regarding machine priority.
- Ensure all H&S procedures are followed, respect environmental procedure and permit system
- Review CMMS and rest of indicators under his responsibility on a daily basis
- Engage in SPS/SMS program to improve and sustain good practices in his area.
- Carry out corrective & PPM maintenance actions and co-ordinate with electrical engineering section
To be suitable for this Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias) role you must have the following experience and skills:
- Completed engineering apprenticeship
- Candidates should ideally have 3-5 years maintenance experience outside apprenticeship.
- Educated to Mechanical HNC/HND level or with equivalent experience and Electrical cross skills
- Good understanding of packaging manufacturing machine’s and associated equipment
- Continuous improvement knowledge and experience
- Customer orientation culture
- A self-motivated individual with an organised approach and good communication skills
- Ideal candidates will have excellent problem solving skills, a logical thought process and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Familiar with preventative maintenance systems.
- Computer literate when using Microsoft packages and experience of CMMS packages.
- A proactive and flexible approach with a positive work ethic.
- Fluent in English.
- UK Drivers Licence
To be more suitable for this Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias) role you will have the following experience / qualifications:
- Experience of working in the paper, cardboard or packaging industry.
- FMCG experience
- Electrical Qualifications
Key Words: PM, Planned Maintenance, BRC, PPM, AM, Mechanical, Maintenance Planner, Mechanical Engineer, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Conveyors, Mechanical Technician, Continuous Improvement, Production Engineer, FMCG, Paper, Packaging, High Volume, Continuous Production, Continental Shifts, Nights, Temporary, Wigan, St Helens, Liverpool, Warrington, Lancashire, Merseyside
If you are interested in Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician (Mechanical Bias) role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button