https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Team Leader to work on a permanent basis for a large manufacturing client based in St Helens.
Salary is c£34-36,000 per annum
Reporting to the Plant Mechanical Supervisor, the Team Leader will be required to provide assistance and support for maintenance activities. The successful candidate will work as part of the team to ensure that objectives are met, best operating practices are adopted and required standards of quality and customer service are achieved.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Direct control of a team of craftsmen and contractors to provide maintenance support for the operation at Watson Street.
- Providing support to the roller workshop to ensure the availability of textured rollers in line with production requirements.
- To improve the reliability of equipment to reduce downtime and increase availability, including ordering spares and controlling stock items using SAP.
- To act as a technical resource in the area of responsibility to assist the Eengineering and Production teams.
- To ensure that craftsmen and contractors follow all safety requirements.
- Update procedures where required and ensure that all statutory checks and insurance inspections are carried out at the correct frequency.
- To take part in the on call system for the site and be able to provide out of hours coverage in line with the needs of the operation.
- Updating and maintaining all systems including SAP to ensure that the creation and changes to documentation is recorded and communicated.
- Responsibility for routine development, distribution and completion.
- Active involvement for Health and Safety performance within the team – SUSAs, RAs, KSBs, Permits and SWPs.
- Fault finding and diagnostics in emergency breakdown or planned situations.
- Modification and improvement of plant and equipment.
- Team based problem solving, training and improvement activities.
- Championing the B.I.G culture change.
- Providing cover during holidays and absence.
If the Mechanical Maintenance Team Leader role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!