https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Do you have experience working in a manufacturing/ production environment?
Do you have experience using inventor?
We’re looking to recruit a Mechanical Production Engineer for a leading manufacturer based in Leigh. You will be responsible for acting as a technical lead to the production department and to liaise with development with the new product introduction process.
- Act as a lead in transferring new products from development into production.
- Support the manufacturing team in process quality improvements by reducing all forms of waste.
- Industrialisation of the designs by liaising with suppliers and engineering solutions.
- Creation of production documentation, such as build instructions and process flow charts.
- Support design team on mechanical design and produce 3D and 2D engineering drawing through Autodesk Inventor software
- Analyse production rejects and implement corrective actions to ensure defect free production.
- Mechanical inspections of raw materials and liaising with suppliers to resolve quality issues
- Management of data within the Sage MRP system relating to the bill of materials, revision control, material masters and product costs
- HNC / HND in relevant engineering discipline / Mechanical apprenticeship
- Working in a continuous improvement culture
- Previous experience in production / industrial engineering environment
- Knowledge of MRP and/or manufacturing production systems, maintaining BoM structures
- 2D and 3D design of mechanical components and assemblies, bills of materials and assembly instructions. Designing for low cost manufacture.
- Use of 3D mechanical CAD packages (preferably Inventor)
- Self-driven, results oriented and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to produce written technical reports, design specifications, project and product documentation
- Salary – £25,000 – £28,000 pa depending upon experience.
To apply for the role of Mechanical Production Engineer, feel free to give Craig a call at GPW Recruitment on 01744 452043/ 07391869488 or please click apply now