http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Project Engineer to work on a permanent basis in the Manchester area.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer, ideally with an HND or Degree, with Project Engineering experience.
Your Role will be to provide Conceptual Design and detailed cost estimate to aid in Tender Specification and Documents and to specify purchased items.
As the sucessful Mechanical Project Enginer you will need to be able to communicate well with suppliers and Engineers on technical and commercial matters. You will need to be able to handle many projects simultaneously and provide timely delivery of information to both customers and colleagues. An attention to detail is a prerequisite, and you will be motivated by providing a quality package of information to the Tender. You will also need to be an effective hands on engineer since the role will also require involvement with the product during inspection and testing. Ideally you will be familiar with Machinery basic concepts including Machinery Directive, ATEX Directive and Pressure Equipment Directive.
The successful Mechanical Project Engineer will have good computer skills (minimum MS Office and CAD). Working ability to use 30 CAD or FEA would be an advantage in this role.
To support the field sales organisation (Area Sales Managers, Agents, Representatives & Sales Channel Managers) technically with handling of customer enquiries from receipt of enquiry to order placement.
- To promote the company’s capabilities to both existing and new customers.
- To design, engineer process solutions in line with customer requirements.
- To ensure the timely execution of all associated specification and tender details to the tender team
- Review Material requirements and specification documents.
- Liaise directly with internal and external suppliers to determine component cost and lead-times.
- Complete detailed cost estimates for engineered machine parts to assist in Company Tender Documents .
- Produce specification for supply. Supervise and manage suppliers.
- Liaise with Contract Engineer/Purchasing to specify bought out items on completion of successful Tender.
- Development of Standards, Procedures and Products related to new markets Resolve operating problems experienced by our customers
If the Mechanical Project Engineer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!