https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Mechanical Project Engineer qualified to HNC level or higher with experience in the manufacturing sector (ideally food, pharma or packaging sector) required for a permanent day position in the Knutsford / Warrington area. Salary for this role is £30,000 – £40,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications) plus benefits. Electrically biased Project Engineers and candidates who aren’t currently in a Project Engineer role at present may also be considered.
Salary & Benefits:-
- £30,000 – £40,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays – increasing 1 day per year to max of 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Company pension
- Yearly company bonus (dependent on company performance and is discretionary)
- Rest room with TV, drinks & snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
Purpose of the Job:
The Successful Project Engineer will be required to ensure the agreed specifications for volumetric and heat sealing machines and tools are completed and accurate and ensure that customers and colleagues are clear on the technical requirements in order to ensure that the customer expectations are fulfilled within the agreed timescales.
- Manage projects for the range of company’s machines
- Report to the Project Manager and liaise with Sales Engineer to assist in the creation of an initial proposal drawing of the customers requirements
- Attend customer site with Sales Engineer to clarify client’s needs.
- Liaise with PM, Design, Production and Seal depts. to ensure awareness of project requirements, trials are completed and resolve any problems to completion
- Prepare detailed Machine and Tool specification with samples and proposal drawing to be forwarded to the Design Department
- Produce Gant Chart to ensure agreed delivery date of the project
- Upon completion of machine build carryout a full PDI. Rectifying any arising faults.
- organise delivery of project, oversee installation of machines on customer’s site and carry out any training required for client’s operatives
- Maintain client contact at all stages and resolve situations quickly and efficiently.
To be suitable for this Project Engineer role you must have:
- HNC or higher engineering qualification
- Project management experience
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Excellent problem solving skills, logical and be able to communicate at all levels
- Strong customer focus and experience of dealing with clients face to face & by telephone
- Self motivated, good organisational skills and attentive to details
The ideal Mechanical Project Engineer will have:
- Food or packaging experience
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate
Key Words: Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager, Manufacturing, Production, Food, Pharmaceutical, Packaging, Manufacture Assembly, Gant Chart, Design, AutoCAD, Quality, Inspection, Sales, Travel, Knutsford, Warrington, Cheshire
The successful Mechanical Project Engineer will need to be flexible, willing to work away from home on occasions with little notice and be able to work the needs of the business as and when required.
If you are interested in Mechanical Project Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button