https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Ensure that the clients products are built and repaired to the highest standards and thereafter promote preventative maintenance with the objective of minimising downtime and extending product life for greater capital utilisation.
The job holder will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the UK product to the highest levels.
- Act as Ambassador of Safety in all aspects of department and project activities, maintaining the highest levels of behavioural safety and developing a positive safety culture.
- Create and manufacture key spares and assemblies as required, utilising specialist machinery in their machine workshop facility in support of customers internal and external to the global business.
- When suitably trained, be deployed to instruct and oversee a diverse array of Contractors on activities and projects supported by the Department. It is key that all constructions and repairs under their Team’s accountability are completed using all our quality processes and subsequently maintained throughout their target lives.
- Undertake detailed assessments of products and materials, ensuring all inspection maintenance actions, quality reports and project elements are communicated effectively and handed over to internal customers with agreed support procedures going forward.
- Production of high-quality reports and specifications, taking personal responsibility for the quality of their own work and fully record important data.
- Take a “hands on approach” to solve problems and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Be fully engaged in the company’s “Best In” change program, demonstrating positive behaviours and values within the department. Suggest and implement own ideas for the benefit of the team and the business as a whole.
The successful candidate will be a well organised individual with excellent team-working and planning skills. They will need to communicate and cooperate with individuals at all levels of the business in a diverse multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary and international challenging environment, reacting quickly and flexibly to changing situations and circumstances. Applicants must therefore have an ability to rapidly gain and develop constructive and positive working relationships across all level.
The applicant must have at minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent; desirably with proven experience of working around specific design or materials, or a willingness to learn and fulfil the role at a fast-tracked pace. Bricklaying qualifications and or mechanical maintenance experience is desirable but not a pre-requisite. Comprehensive training in our procedures and practices will of course be major part of the initial induction to the department.
Applicants must possess a strong understanding of business concepts, a results-oriented and analytical approach, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
If you are interested in the above role please call me on 01744 454 300 or email cfoster @ gpwrecruitment . co . uk