Job title: Melting Operator
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: £23,000 per annum rising to £25,479 per annum after training is completed
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovator in powder metallurgy and associated technologies. The company is well established with a unique product range supplied to major industrial customers worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities as the Melting Operator:
- Responsible for duties related to melting raw materials including copper, tin, and magnesium.
- Recording material weights, and preparing reports.
- Melting copper and tin products and placing this into casts
- Preparing charges
- Performing the duties and responsibilities associated with atomizing
- Operating a fork lift
- Changing containers, filters during shift, and clearing blockages
- Weighing all material at the end of the shift; also cutting and weighing of tin and magnesium
- Cleaning the department at the end of shift
- Re-stocking of essential materials
- Changing wires on SWECO’s
- Coordinate with the Team Leader and/or Manager regarding production
- Completing checks on chemical specifications and product specifications
- Cutting planks to size
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
The requirements needed for the Melting Operator:
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- The Melting Operator will need to be able to work a three rotating shift system of earlies, afternoons and nights
- Have a good level of education equivalent to GCSE/NVQ
- Basic mechanical knowledge/experience preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- £25,479 per annum after training (working a 3-shift system)
To apply for this Melting Operator role please click apply now