https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW are recruiting for a Metrology Applications Engineer, required for a permanent position in the Guildford area. Salary is circa £35,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications) and this position will be working c37 hours a week (M-F Days). Working away from the office attending client sites and overnight stays, primarily within the UK, will be a requirement of this role so a full UK driving licence is essential.
- Salary £35,000 p.a (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols.
- Company Pension and Life Assurance
- Company sick pay (following a qualifying period)
- Company “perks” benefits
- Occasional O/T
The successful Metrology Applications Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Conducting part measurements using primarily the GOM – TRITOP Photogrammetry and ATOS 3D Structured Light scanning sensor, various software along with other systems and techniques
- Delivering metrology solutions for our cross-sector clients
- Utilising and implementing measurement good practice both for internal applications and client-based projects
- Taking day to day responsibility for the project management of client projects
- A flexible approach to the demands of the business
- Deliver metrology results and technical presentations to clients
- Input into technical meetings and discussions
- Uphold companies QMS standards including ISO9001 & follow company H & S guidelines
- Promote and develop 3D measurement opportunities at customer sites
- Working away from the office attending client sites and overnight stays, primarily within the UK will be a requirement of this role
- Documenting and into putting data/ results onto computer and producing quality written documents
To be suitable for this Metrology Applications Engineer role you must have the following experience:
- A degree or HND/HNC in mechanical or manufacturing engineering, although candidates with other academic qualifications combined with relevant experience will also be considered
- Relevant experience using metrology systems would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Polyworks 3D Inspection software would be a major advantage
- Working theoretical knowledge of GOM measurement systems (ATOS & TRITOP) and software
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software (Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel)
- A natural problem solver with excellent technical and analytical skills and understanding of statistics
- Strong project management skills, with the tenacity, enthusiasm and the ability to work independently or as part of a team to meet project goals
- A full driving licence is essential as regular significant national travel is expected
To be more suitable for this Metrology Applications Engineer role it would be more advantageous if you have the following experience:
- Strong understanding of manufacturing drawings and relevant standards.
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Experience with CAD
- Knowledge of Minitab or other statistical software
- Understanding of automated measurement systems and processes
- Programming or scripting (mainly Python)
- Experience with industry standards NADCAP/AS9100/AS9102
- Working towards professional registration
The successful candidate will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in the Metrology Applications Engineer role and have the required experience and qualifications, please click the apply now button. You will be usually be notified within 2 working days’ if you’ve been shortlisted for an interview.