http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Metrology Applications Engineer / Junior Dimensional Metrologist with knowledge of 3D metrology systems and associated software is required for a permanent position in the Guildford area. Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications) working c38 hours / week (M-F Days). Working away from the office attending client sites, primarily within the UK, will be a requirement of this role so a full UK driving licence is essential.
Applications also considered from aspiring CMM Operators / Programmers, Inspectors, CNC Machinists or Calibration Engineers / Technicians or recent Graduates (Metrology, Mechanical / Manufacturing Eng.)
- Salary £25- £37k pa (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 25 days holiday plus bank hols
- Company Pension and Life Assurance
- Company sick pay (following a qualifying period)
- Company “perks” benefits
- Occasional O/T
Job Objective: To support our growing customer base on metrology related projects. We are looking for an ambitious and proactive candidate with a methodical approach who will take a primary role in a range of technical metrology projects. Including significant client facing service work and internal technical development projects supporting our design / engineering team. The work will be conducted in our internal metrology department and customer manufacturing sites which will require travel and overnight stays. This is a demanding but exciting role for the appropriately skilled person. A wide range of on-the-job training will be provided.
The successful Metrology Engineer / Dimensional Metrologist / Graduate day to day duties will include:
- Measurement of manufactured parts to precise measurements using primarily the GOM (Geometrical Optical Measurement) – TRITOP Photogrammetry and ATOS 3D Structured Light scanning sensor and associated software.
- Delivering metrology solutions for clients, promoting and develop 3D measurement opportunities wherever possible.
- Utilising and implementing measurement good practice both for internal applications and client-based projects
- Taking day to day responsibility for the project management of client projects
- Deliver metrology results and technical presentations to clients
- Input into technical meetings and discussions
- Uphold companies QMS standards including ISO9001 & follow company H & S guidelines
- Attend client sites as and when required (mostly UK, occasionally EU / Worldwide)
- Documenting and into putting data/ results onto computer and producing quality written documents
To be suitable for this Metrology Engineer / Junior Dimensional Engineer / Manufacturing Graduate role you must have the following experience:
- Degree, HND or HNC or similar qualification in Metrology, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, candidates with other academic qualifications combined with relevant industry experience also considered.
- Knowledge of GD&T and able to read 2D / 3D CAD / engineering drawings
- Experience of using relevant metrology systems – GOM, ATOS, TRITOP, Leica, CMM, FARO, API, Hexagon etc.
- Knowledge of a 3D Software – Polyworks, SA / Spatial Analyser, Geomagic, Delcam, Metrolog, 3D CAD etc.
- High standard of PC Literacy (MS Office, especially Excel, statistical and programming software)
- Excellent communicational skills – Oral, Reading & Writing. (Essential)
- A natural problem solver with excellent technical and analytical skills and understanding of statistics
- Strong project management skills, self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work independently or as part of a team to meet project goals.
- Posess a full, UK DVLC
the ideal Metrology Applications Engineer / Junior Metrologist / Mechanical Inspector will have:
- Strong understanding of manufacturing drawings and relevant standards.
- Working theoretical knowledge of GOM measurement systems (ATOS & TRITOP) and software
- Knowledge of Minitab or other statistical software
- Understanding of automated measurement systems and processes
- Programming or scripting (mainly Python)
- Experience with industry standards NADCAP / AS9100 / AS9102
Key Words: Metrology, Inspection, Engineering, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Dimensional Metrologist, Inspector, Precision Measurement, GD&T, GOM, Geometrical Optical Measurement, ATOS, TRITOP, Leica, CMM, FARO, API, Hexagon, Photogrammetry, Optical Measurement, Laser Tracker, Laser Alignment, Blue Light Scanning, Polyworks, SA, Spatial Analyser, Spatial Analyzer, Geomagic, Metrolog, 3D, CAD, Minitab, Python, Quality, QMS, Project Management, Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing, Graduate Calibre, Degree, Metrology Foundation Degree, HND, HNC, Guildford, Reading, London, Hampshire, Surrey, Berks, Coventry, Warwickshire, Full UK DVLC, Travel
The successful candidate will need to be flexible as there is likely to be a requirement to work additional hours, willing to work away from home when required and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will also have the relevant qualifications and experience, be self-motivated, able to work under pressure, well organised, analytical, logical, able to communicate at all levels, work alone and also as part of a team.
If you are interested in the Metrology Engineer role please click the apply now button.