https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Mobile / Field Service Engineer with F Gas qualifications (G&G 2079 / BS2079) is required immediately for a permanent position to calibrate, service & repair environmental chambers / climate enclosures / ovens etc. throughout Scotland and the North of England. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications) The Commercial Refrigeration Service Engineer will be working circa 37 hours (Mon – Fri days) + occasional O/T.
The successful Commercial Refrigeration Service Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Servicing and repairs of environmental chambers, climatic enclosure, ovens, test chambers, commercial chillers.
- Undertake temperature / humidity calibrations on equipment to traceable / in-house standards.
- Work to schedules provided by the company sales and admin team advising customers and colleagues of issue that may arise during site visit.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in problems and offer advice with verbal and written communications
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
The Commercial Refrigeration Service Engineer / Technician must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Experience of servicing & repairing environmental chambers would be beneficial, although not essential as training would be given.
- Ideally able to carry out temperature/humidity calibrations, although not essential as training would be given.
- F Gas Certified (Refrigerant handling – City & Guilds 2079 / BS2079)
- Self-motivated and must be able to work on own initiative and also work well as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally & written.
- Good customer service skills and able to develop close working relationships with customers.
- Full UK Driving Licence (preferably clean, max 3 points)
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work under pressure when necessary.
- PC Literate – MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- Good timekeeping & smart appearance.
The ideal Mobile / Field Service Technician Engineer (Refrigeration / F Gas) will have:
- Previous experience of calibrating, servicing and maintaining environmental chambers / climatic enclosures / ovens / test chambers.
- Experience of handling refrigerants / fluorinated gases.
- Recent experience in the field or installing / commissioning such as environmental chambers / climatic enclosures / ovens / test chambers etc.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline ideally equivalent to HNC or higher.
- Previous experience of working in the calibration industry.
- Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- Company Pension.
- Company Van, laptop & mobile phone.
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of B/hols)
- Hours of work: Mon to Thur, 8am – 30pm Friday 8am – 1pm.
- Occasional O/T (1.25x M-F O/T, 1.5x Sat O/T & 2x Sun / B/Hols) & call out fee (on rota 1 in 3 weeks)
- Yearly Bonus, (based on company and individual performance)
Key words: Field Service Engineer, Mobile Service Technician, On Site, Refrigeration, BS2079, F Gas, Refrigerant, HVAC, C&G 2079, Maintenance, Repair, Calibration, Temperature, Humidity, Environmental Chambers, Climatic Enclosure, Test Chamber, Climate Chamber, Ovens, Commercial Chillers, Ovens, Autoclaves, Industrial, Glenrothes, Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland
The successful Refrigeration Field Service Engineer / Technician (F-Gas) will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Commercial Refrigeration Field Service Engineer / Technician role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.