https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Multi-skilled Calibration Engineer / Test Rig Technician (Elec Bias) with experience of calibrating electrical, pressure and temperature instrumentation and mechanical assembly skills needed for a permanent role in the Wolverhampton / Telford area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). The Calibration Engineer will be working circa 37 hours (Mon-Fri Days).
- Negotiable Salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 33 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Hols
- Company Pension and Life Assurance
- Company sick pay (following a qualifying period)
- Company “perks” benefits
- Occasional O/T
The successful Multi-Skilled Calibration / Test Rig Engineer day to day duties will include:
- To calibrate electronic / electrical, temperature and mechanical measuring instruments such as DMM’s / multi-meters, frequency generators, thermocouples, ovens, furnaces, pressure, flow, load.
- Strip down and re-assemble test rigs.
- Fault find down to equipment level.
- Documenting and inputting data / results onto computer and producing calibration certificates.
- Where required create work instructions/procedures, risk assessments and method statements.
- To follow company QHSE guidelines.
- Flexibility to work approved overtime if required.
To be suitable for this Calibration Technician (Electrical, Instrumentation & Mechanical) role you must have the following experience / skills:
- Recent experience as a calibration engineer / technician.
- Previous experience of calibrating DMM’s / multi-meters, frequency generators, mechanical equipment, pressure and temperature instrumentation such as pressure and flow gauges, thermocouples, PRT’s, ovens / furnaces etc.
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship.
- Able to read engineering drawings.
- Must be PC literate in MS Word and Excel and confidence to use bespoke computer software.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills, able to work as part of a team or alone with the minimum of supervision
The ideal Multi-skilled Calibration Engineer role will have the following experience:
- Ideally educated to HNC or higher in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Proven customer facing experience.
- Recent experience of calibrating electrical, temperature and mechanical instrumentation such as DMM’s / multi-meters, frequency generators, thermocouples, ovens, furnaces, pressure, flow, load.
- Previous experience of calibrating to UKAS standards.
- Knowledge of importing / exporting from Excel databases and report generation from databases.
- Calibration and assembly of test rigs
- Aerospace or Automotive industry.
Key Words: Calibration, Engineer, Technician, Electrical, Electronic, Temperature, Mechanical, Load, Pressure, Flow, Calibrate, DMM’s, Multi Meter, Pyrometry, Metrology, Test and Verification, Test & Measurement, Instrumentation, Test Rigs, Quality, QC, Fault Finding, Calibrating, Metrology, UKAS, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Wolverhampton, Telford, West Midlands
The successful Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Calibration Engineer / Technician role and have the required experience please click the apply now button.