https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Multi-skilled CNC Machine Programmer / Setter / Operator with experience of manufacturing components in various metals required for a permanent position in Wrexham, Clwyd area. The salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications) plus excellent benefits. The CNC Miller / Turner will work 40 hours (Mon – Fri days, plus possible o/t). This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a globally recognised company who design and manufacture their own custom built machinery, with security and long term career prospects.
- Negotiable salary (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- Hours of work 8am – 4pm (40 hours per week, 30 minute lunch paid), possible flexi-time
- O/T payable at 1.5x
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company pension (4% employee / 5% employer after one year’s service)
- Healthcare scheme
The successful Multi-skilled CNC Machinist Programmer / Setter / Operator (Pref Miller Bias) day to day duties will include:
- Machines parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Select appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates all the basic machine tools and many specialised or advanced variation tools to perform precision machining operations.
- Aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Calculate GD&T using mathematical knowledge and standard measuring equipment
- Inspect and test completed units to detect defects and ensures conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Program, retrieve, set and operate CNC and manual machines.
- Maintains industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
To be suitable for this Multi-Skilled CNC Machinist role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally be a time served or completed relevant apprenticeship as a CNC / Manual machinist.
- Recent experience of being able to program, set and operate CNC milling machine centres.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings.
- Experience of using dimensional measuring equipment for quality checks.
- Keen attention to detail, excellent problem solving and organisational skills, able to multi-task / work under pressure and willingness to work as strong team member.
- Creative approach for generating new and innovative ideas.
To be more suitable for CNC Turner / Miller (Bias) role you will have
- Knowledge of Hurco mills and XYZ mill/lathe and HAAS lathe
- Relevant qualifications in manual machining / CNC machining.
- Operated and set manual milling / lathe machines
- Able to program Fanuc, Siemens and MS windows controlled CNC machines.
Key Words: C.N.C, 3-5 Axis, Miller, Turner, CNC, Machine Setter, C N C, Machine Operator, Computer Numerical Controls, Machinist, Machine Programmer, Fanuc, Siemens, Hurco, Milling, Turning, Wrexham, Chester, Llay, Clwyd
The successful CNC Machine Programmer / Setter / Operator will need to be flexible as there may be over time. You will have had experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in CNC Machine Programmer / Setter / Operator (Milling & Turning) role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button