https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Multi-skilled Test Engineer required for a permanent position in Irlam / Manchester Area. Salary is c£26,000 + benefits (dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 39 hours (M-F Days) + O/T. Applicants will ideally be Electromechanically biased (mechanically biased applicants with good electrical and software fault finding skills will also be considered), preferably educated to HND standard or higher and have recent experience as a Test Engineer in a manufacturing / production assembly environment.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary c£26,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications) + O/T.
- Excellent Pension Scheme + Death in service benefit
- Holiday allowance 23 days holiday plus b/hols rising to 25 days holiday plus b/hols.
- Private health care scheme
- Company Bonus (dependent on company performance)
- Excellent O/T Rates
Job Objective: Reporting to the Production Manager, the Electro-mechanical Test Technician will be required to test assembled products prior to shipping and commissioning of equipment.
The successful Electromechanical Test Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Responsible for the testing of all assembled products available for end of line testing.
- Working on Automation and Robotics equipment.
- Setting up and carrying out hardware tests on modules as well as fully assembled units.
- Serves as the primary technical interface with both design (Mechanical, Electrical and Software departments) and manufacture teams to prepare, perform and report on test activities required.
- Monitoring of hardware for faults.
- Working on own initiative, on various test projects.
- Identifying any problems/errors during the test, reporting them to the Engineering teams, applying analytical methods to find the failure cause, writing detailed test reports.
- Maintaining documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Consults with SW development engineers in resolution of problems, whilst suggesting possible improvements that can be made.
- Defining processes and test procedures.
- Creating and updating related documentation
To be suitable for this Electro-mechanical Test Engineer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Currently employed as an Electro-mechanically biased Test engineer.
- HNC qualification in a relevant electro-mechanical, electrical, electronic or mechanical discipline.
- Logical thinking, and methodical approach to problem solving
- Preferably someone from an Electrical, mechanical, computing or general engineering background.
- Willingness to learn and tackle new technologies
- Hands on test, repair or maintenance background within a hardware or electromechanical product environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- An ability to record actions step by step in order to retrace steps when an issue is found.
- Excellent attention to detail and an eye for spotting anomalies.
- Proficient with tools, systems, and procedures required by the work.
- Excellent PC skills and report writing skills. Predominately Excel and Word.
The ideal Multi-skilled Test Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical) will have the following skills / experience:
- HND or higher qualification in a relevant electrical, electronic or mechanical discipline
- Software fault finding / debug skills.
- Motor controls, robotics or motion control experience (training will be provided if no experience).
- Recently worked within a manufacturing / production assembly environment.
Key Words: Multi-skilled, Test Engineer, Technician, Electrical, Mechanical, Electromechanical, Fault Finding, Repair, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Engineering, Software, Debug, Manufacture Assembly, Bespoke, Special Purpose Machinery, Automation, Motion Control, Robotics, Production, Irlam, Warrington, Manchester, Cheshire.
The Successful Electromechanical Test Technician will be a team player, highly motivated, always aiming to produce a quality product, flexible as there may be overtime, willing to stay away from home occasionally and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will also have previous experience of working in a quality assembly / manufacturing environment have the relevant qualifications, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Electro-mechanical Test Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button