http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician (Strong Elec Bias) with experience of maintenance in process manufacturing / heavy industrial sector is required for a permanent position (Mon – Fri double days) in the Winsford / Northwich, central Cheshire area. Salary for this role is £37,000 plus excellent benefits (see below).
- Excellent Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Hours of work typically 6-2, 2-10 (approx. 40 hours / week)
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Job Purpose: Reporting directly to the Electrical / Mechanical Engineer, the successful candidate will be part of the Maintenance team contributing to the engineering function carrying out statutory examination, maintenance, repair and installation to a range of equipment and ensuring legal compliance.
The successful Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Electrician day to day duties will include:
- Perform routine maintenance and inspection to existing plant to ensure machine availability is maximised.
- Perform repairs in breakdown situations to minimise downtime and return plant to production.
- Undertake fault finding to a diverse range of electrical and mechanical equipment on all underground plant and equipment to understand and resolve problems returning the equipment back into operation in a safe manner whilst minimising lost time.
- Undertake electrical and mechanical installation work for new plant or carry out modifications to existing plant in compliance with required standards.
- Provide cover for shaft and surface operations as required.
- Perform a range of other cross skilled work such as rigging, burning, welding to maximise contribution to the business and minimise lost time.
- Continuously comply with and improve all procedures relating to environmental health and safety.
To be suitable for this Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician role you must have:
- Completed apprenticeship as a maintenance electrician in an industrial / process environment.
- Recently worked in a heavy industrial processing engineering environment such as mining, quarrying, steel production. Rail engineers / tunnel engineers also considered.
- Be able to work under pressure in a critical busy environment.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Strong electrical bias plus mechanical skills such as welding, burning, rigging, basic instruments.
The ideal Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer will have the following experience / qualifications:
- HNC / HND Electrical Engineering qualification.
- Operational High Voltage (11kv / 3.3kv) experience / High Voltage Awareness / training.
- PLC knowledge
- C&G 2391 Test and Inspection and 17th Edition wiring regulations.
Key Words: Electrical Engineer, Electrical Maintenance, PPM, Planned Maintenance, HV, High Voltage, Heavy Industrial, Mining, Steelworks, Quarry, Rail, Process Manufacturing, Installation, Fault Finding, Mechanical Engineering, Welding, Northwich, Crewe, Winsford, Chester, Cheshire
This is a great opportunity to join a global company and the successful Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Electrician will need to be flexible to work the needs of the business as and when required, be able to work under pressure in a critical busy environment.
If you are interested in Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button