https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) / Maintenance Electrician required for a permanent position for a Manufacturing company in the Chester / Deeside area. Salary is £34,000 including shift allowance (dependent on experience and qualifications) plus benefits (see below). The successful candidate will be working average of 40 hours / week (Mon-Fri days & nights shift pattern) plus occasional O/T.
- £34,000 incl. shift allowance (dependent on experience and qualifications) + occasional O/T.
- 20 days holiday plus bank hols – increasing 1 day a year to a max of 25 days plus bank hols
- Company pension scheme
Job Objective: Reporting directly to the Engineering Team Leader, the successful candidate will react to any production break-downs, undertake planned maintenance on a wide range of new and old equipment and work on planned improvements to plant and production machinery.
The successful Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Elec Bias) day to day duties will include:
- Perform repairs to any process breakdown to minimise downtime and return plant to production.
- Perform routine maintenance and fault finding to wide range of equipment including old relay logic hard wired systems to PLC/ HMI bus systems, returning the equipment back into operation in a safe manner whilst minimising lost time.
- Undertake electrical and mechanical installation work for new plant or carry out modifications to existing plant in compliance with required standards and latest legislations.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and work on planned improvements to plant / equipment.
- Adhere to H&S policies/ procedures and carry out all activities in a safe and responsible manner.
To be suitable for this Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician (Elec Bias) role it is essential that you have the following experience and skills:
- Completed relevant maintenance engineering apprenticeship
- Recent experience as an Electrical Maintenance Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Relevant electrical engineering qualification and knowledge of current electrical wiring regulations.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical fault finding and testing skills.
- Good working knowledge of PLC’s, pneumatics, hydraulics, variable speed drives (ac/dc)
- Able to work under pressure, excellent problem solving skills and a logical thought process.
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Good communicational skills (Oral, Reading & Writing), able to communicate at all levels.
To be more suitable for this Electrical Maintenance Engineer role you will have the following experience / qualifications:
- HNC or higher Electrical Engineering qualification.
- Mechanical engineering qualifications
- Knowledge of control techniques PLC / Drives
- Maintenance of complex equipment
Key Words: Electrical Engineer, Electrical Maintenance, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Planned Preventative Maintenance, PLC’s, HMI, Motors, Drives, AC / DC, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, 17th Edition, Fault Finding, PPM, Manufacturing, Production, Chester, Deeside, Cheshire
The successful Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician (Electrical Bias) will need to be flexible as there will be a requirement to cover for weekends / on call, work additional hours as and when the business requires and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will also have the relevant qualifications and experience, be self-motivated / pro-active, able to work under pressure, well organised, analytical, logical, able to communicate at all levels, work alone and also as part of a team.
If you are interested in Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button