https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer required in Warrington to provide an engineering support role to maximise availability and reliability of production facilities and machines
You will undertake required works in order to minimise machine downtime and maximise Overall Equipment Efficiency, including Planned Preventative Maintenance for all site equipment. Also accepting responsibility for day-to-day maintenance and installation activities required, and undertaken on site.
- Ensure compliance with production priorities and best practices to ensure minimum downtime of critical equipment.
- Co-operate with co-workers in creating smooth work flow.
- Train Production Setters in first line preventative checks and maintenance routines as well as basic troubleshooting, including drafting a simple troubleshooting flow chart per machine.
- Implement 5S in the engineering and surrounding areas and maintain levels after completion.
- Maintain and compile detailed records on maintenance and repair works undertaken on all equipment including parts used and required for next service, fault reported, repair solution, internal/external contract repair.
- Be available to participate in out-of-hours emergency call out system as per defined rota.
- Assist with Continuous Improvement or other projects.
- Work with electrical contractors to carry out electrical maintenance and repairs of production equipment (eg: motors and associated equipment for both HV and LV systems)
- Install maintain and repair all electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, motors, controllers, PLC’s, drives and any other equipment and machines present on site.
- Assist in testing, installing and commissioning of all electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Identify, design, produce or organise 3rd party production of, ad hoc repairs and modifications as required.
You will need
- Electrical Engineering qualification essential.
- Mechanical fitter qualifications or demonstrated working knowledge.
- Counterbalance FLT licence
- Experience in a similar position within a multi process/multi line manufacturing and/or heavy engineering environment essential (Mechanical – Metal Drawing – Rolling Mills/Drives/Gearboxes/Pumps/Welding & Fabrication/ Crane/Maintenance Systems/IPAF Licence, Electrical/Instrumentation – Motors (DC, 3 Phase, Servo)/ Motor Control/ Distribution/ Induction Heating/ PLC, HMI/ Flow/ Level/ Temperature/ Position/ Maintenance Systems)
- General – Specification/ordering of materials and equipment (SAP), maintenance administration (database)
Specific Knowledge / Skills Competence
- Manufacturing / Production process understanding
- Problem solving skills and competencies
- Excellent and demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical/mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of obligations under HSE legislation.
- Experienced with working with PLC based machinery and control systems.
- Planning and organisational.
- General Administrative competencies
- Customer service understanding
- Excellent Communication (written & verbal)
- Educated to a good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to follow a plan, prioritise.
- Manual dexterity and physically fit.
Initially a contract / agency hourly paid role of around £16.50 per hour, with the right candidate being offered a permanent role after 6 to 9 months. Initially working a 40 hour week (anticipate 08.00-16.30) for familiarisation period. The intention is to then provide shift cover Monday to Friday alternating on a weekly basis between early shift (6 -2) and late shift (2 – 10 attracting shift premiums with enhanced rates for weekend working.
To apply for the role of Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer please click apply now.