Are you an Multi- Skilled Maintenance Shift Engineer (Mechanical Bias) looking for additional income during your time off?
If so, GPW are recruiting for our client based in Wigan who are a multi- faceted FMCG company based and who we’ve supplied temporary/ permanent staff to for a number of years and they have asked us to speak with candidates who are seeking ad hoc/ part time work in the above role.
The salary is negotiable, dependent on experience and qualifications and the working hours are 6-6, working days and/ or nights, as and when required and we have placed candidates who are still doing long term ad hoc work with our client years’ later and in some instances, have been taken on permanently.
The successful Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias) day to day duties will include:
- The Mechanical Shift Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance & repair of the plant, machinery, and associated equipment using the current processes and systems to achieve and exceed performance targets.
- Liaise with production Team Leaders regarding machine priority.
- Ensure all H&S procedures are followed, respect environmental procedure and permit system
- Review CMMS and rest of indicators under his responsibility on a daily basis
- Engage in SPS/SMS program to improve and sustain good practices in his area.
- Carry out corrective & PPM maintenance actions and co-ordinate with electrical engineering section
To be suitable for this Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias) role you must have the following experience and skills:
- Completed engineering apprenticeship
- Candidates should ideally have 3-5 years maintenance experience outside apprenticeship.
- Educated to Mechanical HNC/HND level or with equivalent experience and Electrical cross skills
- Good understanding of packaging manufacturing machine’s and associated equipment
- Continuous improvement knowledge and experience
- Customer orientation culture
- A self-motivated individual with an organised approach and good communication skills
- Ideal candidates will have excellent problem solving skills, a logical thought process and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Familiar with preventative maintenance systems.
- Computer literate when using Microsoft packages and experience of CMMS packages.
- A proactive and flexible approach with a positive work ethic.
- Fluent in English.
- UK Drivers Licence
To be more suitable for this Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias) role you will have the following experience / qualifications:
- Experience of working in the paper, cardboard or packaging industry.
- FMCG experience
- Electrical Qualifications
If you would like to apply for this role, please click apply on this advert.
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates so please accept our apologies if this is the case.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.