We’re looking for a talented Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician of Electrical Bias to work for our client.
They want to recruit a candidate with demonstrable experience of pre- planned and re-active maintenance, a strong working PLC control knowledge and of reading electrical and engineering drawings.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
Please note: In this position you’ll be needed to work some weekends and occasionally work some shifts in unsociable hours. Full details of how this will work will be revealed at interview.
As the Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician you’ll report to the Engineering Manager and will be primarily responsible for maintenance and fault diagnostics of manufacturing equipment and associated plant. This role will not only be in the front line defence of maintaining the company’s production effectiveness but will also work on planned improvements to plant, equipment and new projects.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
– The maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment.
– Breakdown response and efficient rectification.
– Fault diagnosis and rectification of electrical and mechanical systems involving PLC control.
– Completing and control all necessary documentation around engineering activities.
– Planned preventative maintenance.
– Assisting with driving continuous improvement and lean activities.
– Achieving all activities in line with company regulations and health and safety guidelines.
– Achieving team and individual targets.
The standard working hours for this position are 12 hour rotational day/night shifts Monday – Friday and 1 in 3 Saturday working (6:00am – 18:00pm).
The ideal candidate for this Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician role will have relevant experience of reading electrical and engineering drawings.
You’ll also need experience of:
– Fault finding – good working knowledge of electrical and mechanical drive systems, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems.
– Fault finding diagnostics – electrical and mechanical.
– Maintenance of machinery, plant and equipment.
– Relay logic and hard wired systems fault diagnostics.
– Medium to heavy mechanical fitting work.
– Electrical installations to latest regulations.
In addition, you’ll need the following:
– A City & Guilds/ ONC in electrical engineering.
– HNC/HND in electrical engineering – desirable.
– 5 years + relevant experience post apprenticeship.
– The ability to read electrical & engineering drawings.
– Working knowledge of modern AC & DC drive systems through to standard large motor starting systems.
– Good working knowledge of PLC’s, pneumatics, hydraulics, variable speed drives (AC/DC).
– The ability to communicate well with other Team Members.
– PLC/HMI bus systems knowledge.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Electrical Technician, Electrical Engineer, and Electrical Maintenance Engineer or as an Electrical Maintenance Technician.
Basic salary: £38,000 – £40,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
– 4 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
– Contributory pension scheme
– Cycle to work scheme
– Healthcare cash plan
– Free car parking
The business you’ll be working for is a pan-European group of manufacturing and engineering businesses, serving a global customer base with specialised metal products. Our client is the UK’s leading supplier of lead products to the nuclear, defence, healthcare, construction, industrial and research markets.
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.