http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Working for this established international engineering specialist in the field of renewable energy this role is a mobile service role, the purpose of the role is to provide high quality service, maintenance and technical support to customers and installers.
The role is predominately on the road. Travelling to installations across the UK to carry out various service, maintenance and fault-finding tasks. The successful candidate will be working very closely, over the phone with office based, non-mobile, service engineers but also spend a lot of time working alone interfacing with a growing customer network.
You will carry out routine maintenance and possibly reactive repairs. On completion of visits engineers will provide written feedback to the Services department in order to act upon and relay to customers.
The company pride themselves on the aftercare service provided to customers and the successful candidate must be able to continue this high level of customer satisfaction. In order to do so they must be able to:
- Interface politely and confidently with a mixture of clients from the domestic to commercial sector
- Follow instructions from office-based service engineers.
- Carry out tasks methodically, following procedure to ensure tasks are carried out correctly
- Trouble shooting some issues on their own with the customer and their current heating systems
- Answer queries or requests customers may have. Ensure unanswered questions relayed to the Services office based engineers to follow up
- Maintain a professional approach to work and customer interactions
- Look presentable to each client
The company provides a high level of technical support to installers working and installing their equipment. Relaying information and guidance to them is imperative to make a task or project run smoothly. The successful candidate must be able to carry out the following:
- Provide verbal instructions, clearly, to any engineer working on a task
- Understand technical drawings and diagrams
- Provide technical support and guidance to engineers of their equipment
Requirements for the Role
The candidate must already have evidence and experience of fitting pipe and carrying out plumbing work, knowledge of wiring diagrams and installation schematics. HVAC Experience and an F-Gas qualification would be desirable for the role but not a requirement. On offer is an excellent training and development programme to advance all employees knowledge and expertise to a high level of support on the equipment. Therefore, the successful candidate must have an eagerness to learn and develop themselves within the role.
The candidate must be happy to drive, as the customer base is UK wide.
The standard hours are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday however, the candidate must be happy with flexible hours. Jobs can potentially run over, need to be started early, and there are on call periods during weekends and bank holidays that could require attendance.
Making sure a job is complete before finishing is imperative, keeping the customers’ requirements at the forefront of their mind. This time will be compensated accordingly with over time hours in these instances.
Benefits of the role
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience, plus overtime
- Use of company van with fuel card
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Contribution
To apply for the role of Multi Trade Service Engineer, please click apply now.