GPW are recruiting for our client, who are based in South Yorkshire and a market leading energy company, and they are looking for Multiple field based Approved Electricians to start ASAP.
This is a field based role, so you will be expected to travel and have a flexible approach to your working location and the hours of work. You will be expected to undertake electrical installs to meeting industry standards across SME & wide ranging Industry’s, Project size small and large scale in all types of environments.
Typical installs include; Containment system install, LV systems, Power, control, Data systems, test electrical circuits, remedial actions, all installed to a high standard.
Approved Electricians must possess practical, productive and electrical skills with adequate technical supervisory knowledge to work on their own proficiently and carry out electrical installation and testing work without immediate supervision.
Approved Electricians must be able to accept responsibility for the completion of jobs and, if required, supervise other operatives. They must also have a thorough working knowledge of the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, of the current I.E.E. Regulations for Electrical Installations, of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (18Th Edition), the Electricity Supply Regulations, Installations (i.e. Regulations 22-29 inclusive and 31), of any Regulations dealing with Consumers’ installations which may be issued, relevant British Standards and codes of practice, and of the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
- Previous registered apprentice or undergone some equivalent method of training and have had practical training in electrical installation work
- NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation work (or approved equivalent)
- Containment system install, LV systems, Power, control, Data systems, test electrical circuits, remedial actions, all installed to a high standard.Containment system install, LV systems, Power, control, Data systems, test electrical circuits, remedial actions, all installed to a high standard.
- Previous industry experience working as an Electrician subsequent to the satisfactory completion of training and immediately prior to the application for this grade
- Proven electrical competence with suitable qualification in the inspection, testing, commissioning and certification of electrical installations (e.g. City & Guilds 2391)
If you meet all above criteria but not achieved an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation, then a ‘Provisional’ grading may be awarded if the following criteria are both satisfied:
Have obtained at least the City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Theory Part 2 Course Certificate (or approved equivalent, e.g. 2351 or 2330 levels 2 and 3) Have obtained Achievement Measurement 2 or must be able, with the application for Grading and any other relevant supporting evidence (e.g. the City & Guilds Electricians certificate)
We’ll cover the cost of any first attempt at the training scheme and examination for inspection, testing and commissioning, once you’ve satisfied all the other requirements for grading/ regarding as an Approved Electrician.
- Follow the business requirements for PPE, RAMS, E Learning, safety reporting and the Man down company procedure
- Able to read and work to construction drawings
- Capable to carry out to a competent standard the inspection, testing, commissioning and certification of electrical installation of their work as per their additional electrical training to achieve the grade of approved electrician
- Competence to complete the relevant NICEIC paperwork.
- Competence to identify a none compliance and document appropriately
Base £32,000- £40,000 ( Approved Electrician and salary is dependent on experience)
Incentive Scheme – 5% Target APIP (£1,625 for an Apr Elec)
25 Days Annual Leave
OT, Travel Time, OTA and Responsibility Pay – 133% with additional allowance (Paid 6-10 weeks in arrears)
Medical Cover – £240 pa
Share Award – Approx. £500 pa
Pension Contribution – up to 10% based on 5% contribution
Sick Pay – <2 years’ Service 10 weeks at 100% of base salary in a rolling 12- month period and then SSP thereafter. >2 years’ Service 13 weeks at 100% of basic salary followed by 39 weeks at 67% of basic salary in a rolling 12- month period.
- For weekday working; pay a monthly Project Overtime allowance of £75 after 17.5 hours OT worked or £125 after 35 hours OT worked
- For weekday and weekend working; pay a monthly Project Overtime allowance of £75 after 17.5 hours OT worked or £125 after 35 hours OT worked (weekend working hours weighted at 2.0)
- For weekend only working; pay a daily Project Overtime allowance of £75 per day (6+ hours worked)
This job description is a non-exhaustive summary of the main responsibilities within your role. In addition you may be expected to undertake additional duties in order to properly execute your role.
If you have the required skills, experience and qualifications for this role, please click apply in the link.
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates so please accept our apologies.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.