https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
NDT Technician / Quality Inspector qualified to NDT Level 2 EN1479 required immediately for a long term contract position in Banbury, Oxfordshire area. The salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). The position is working M-F days (37hrs per week with some possible o/t) based over the core business hours.
Purpose of job: Operation of Ultrasonic test equipment and other production equipment for the manufacture of aerospace products.
The successful NDT Technician (Ultrasonic Level 2) day to day duties will include:
- Reviews test procedure sheets, specifications and product acceptance criteria to determine test specifications
- Prepares techniques and scan plans
- Operates Ultrasonic test equipment which includes:
- Calibration of equipment per requirements
- Scanning product by immersion methods
- Evaluates results of inspection
- Sets up and operates computerised inspection equipment. Able to run and interpret C-Scan reports
- Able to interpret and explain A-Scan signal
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment at all times and observe good housekeeping practices.
- Ensuring QA procedures for production are complied with at all times
To be suitable for this NDT Technician (UT L2) role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Current Ultrasonic NDT Level 2 EN4179
- Highly motivated with a keen ability to use own initiative
- Able to write reports and procedures.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Capable to be able to read, understand and create SOP’s (work instructions)
- Able to read, understand and reference to VDD’s
- Ability to identify and be able to question sub-standard process/product
- Problem solving techniques and ability to work on own initiative. (Logical and systematic approach)
- Capable of running and interpret C-Scan reports and able to interpret and explain A-Scan signal
- Must be flexible and willing to learn new skills
- Must be PC literate in MS Word, Excel and updated electronic databases.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with colleagues and client
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
To be more suitable for this NDT Technician (UT L2) role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or relevant qualifications in engineering discipline.
- Previous manufacturing inspection experience beneficial
- Knowledge of composite materials
- A good knowledge of systems and procedures and a motivation to use systems and procedures to drive efficiency and improvement
- Calibrated Electrical or Pyrometry measuring equipment such as Thermowells, Thermocouples, Furnaces / Ovens, PRT’s, PH Meters, Low Pressure instruments, Volt Meters, Ammeters etc.
- Experience of working in a UKAS laboratory or to UKAS standards.
- Knowledge of importing / exporting from databases into other Microsoft products
Key Words: NDT, Inspection, N.D.T., PCN level 2, CSWIP, Personnel Certification in Non-Destructive Testing, Non Destructive Testing, Ultrasonic Testing, Dye Penetrate Testing, Magnetic Particle Inspection, QA Inspector, MPI, UT, DPT, Quality Assurance, Forgings, Castings Inspector, Manufacturing Technician, Banbury, Oxford, Oxfordshire
The successful Ultrasonic NDT Technician will need to be flexible as you may be required to work at other sites and there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply, you should be an experienced Ultrasonic NDT Technician or meet the key requirements of Heat Calibration Technician please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.