https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a New Product Development Engineer to work on a permanent basis in the Blackburn area.
Salary is c£35,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus company bonus, holidays, pension etc.
Our client is looking for a New Product Development Engineer who is educated to Degree standard in any of the following disciplines; Product Design, Engineering, Manufacturing or Process Engineering.
You will have previous experience of working in a new product development role.
- Plan and drive projects to ensure in-scope, on-time and on-cost development and delivery.
- Generate full specifications and designs in order to develop the new product to include verifying product sub-systems, where applicable, to include tooling, mechanics, hydraulics/pneumatics, software and electronics to ensure the POC is fit for purpose when integrated into new and/or existing platforms and processes at the Launch phase.
- Take full responsibility for the Explore stage and POC of the DMEDI process for allocated projects.
- Liaise and communicate with internal and external customers to ensure full clarity of project status.
- Lead solution generating activities in order to provide fit for purpose designs, equipment, tooling and processes.
- Using 3D CAD software, prepare full engineering design drawings to enable successful POC and handover to the Launch team.
- Ensure full project documentation and change control complies with PPE quality systems.
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers to ensure on time delivery of tooling, equipment and resources
- Evaluate and present full CAPEX requirements for any proposed resource and equipment requirements.
- Manage the POC stage in conjunction with the launch team.
- Agree and control the design freeze stage of allocated projects/new products.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience of >£50k project lead/management.
- Commercially aware and competent user of gated project management techniques such as DMEDI
- Demonstrable experience of 3D CAD
- Demonstrable experience and examples of innovative design and design techniques
- Excellent analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Design experience with Hydro/pneumatic systems
- Design experience with Electro/mechanical systems, with robotics an advantage
- Design experience of automated manufacturing systems an advantage
If the New Product Development Engineer could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!