https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW Recruitment are currently recruiting for an On-site Technician based in South East of Scotland and North East of England.
As the Field-based Technician, you will be responsible for measure checking and calibration of fuel dispensers, conducting site surveys & risk assessments and installing/maintaining pc-based data monitoring kiosk equipment on Petrol Retail Forecourts and other fuel dispensing locations in the UK and Ireland.
Helping to ensure that their customers’ sites are operating safely and are compliant with a variety of legislation and standards. Part of the On-Site Services team providing reactive support for their team of data analysts giving them visibility of real-time data through our data-logging device, and following up on their investigations into potential fuel losses by carrying out visual inspections and pump measure checks. Accuracy and attention to detail are crucial to success in this role.
On-Site Technicians are highly self-motivated individuals who works with the highest standards in both health & safety, and customer service. As the ‘face of the business for many of our customers they are high profile ambassador for the company at all times and key to building excellent relationships with colleagues and customers alike.
All work will be scheduled and supported by our On-Site Services team and our HSQE (Health, Safety, Quality, Environment) team. You will be given the use of a fully equipped company van, which you will have sole use of for completing site visits (business use only), an intrinsically safe tablet pc and mobile phone.
- Completing site inspections & measure checks, site surveys, calibrations & risk assessments and ‘Ibank’ maintenance on petrol forecourts
- Conducting ‘Loss Investigations’ based on the recommendations of our dedicated team of ‘Wetstock Analysts,’ and providing summary reports of your findings
- Work within the Health & Safety framework set by the company and our clients
- Deliver service excellence to the customer by conducting all site visits in accordance with agreed procedures
- Communicate and engage with office based On-Site Services support team
- Act as an ambassador for the company and enhance the company name and brand by commitment to our core values
- Complete training on new tasks as appropriate, and keep existing skills & knowledge up to date through refresher modules provided by the company
- Successfully obtain/maintain a SPA Safety Passport by attending courses
- Actively seek to enhance your knowledge and skills by engaging with colleagues and supervisors
- Encourage, support and assist fellow team members to build a strong team ethic
- Take part in trials of new services, equipment or ways of working as required
Candidate Experience and Qualification:
- Full, Valid UK Driving License is essential
- Knowledge of petrol forecourt operation
- Practical experience of working with fuel and/or on petrol forecourts in a similar role
- Practical experience of conducting risk-assessments
- Experience of installing/troubleshooting/repairing computer/telecoms equipment – Ideally gauges and/or Points of Sale and/or data logging devices/ cat5e cabling
- Training in manual handling will be provided to any successful candidate, but previous experience or training would be desirable.
- Health & Safety Qualifications (Nebosh/IOSH) are not essential, but would be beneficial in the role
- A valid SPA Passport will be required as part of the role, and so current holders or those who have held this previously would be preferred. Training will be provided for any candidate without the qualification currently
- Previous experience of delivering excellent service in a customer facing role
- Computer literate – MS Word, MS Excel, bespoke software
- Excellent time manager and highly organized
- Self-motivated and equally as capable working alone as working with team-mates
- Ability to travel out of local area and stay at company provided accommodation overnight as/when required
- Good level of physical fitness
- Ability to work in excess of 9.6 hours per day
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel and crouch as necessary to complete visual inspections, conduct tests, transport fuel and access data cabling and communications devices
- Ability to effectively/clearly communicate in English
- The ability to perform the essential functions is a requirement of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be used to meet these requirements.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now.