http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for an Operations Manager/Workshop Manager to work on a permanent basis near Ashton Under Lyne.
Salary is c£30-36,000 per annum, plus car.
Our client is looking for someone who a background in sheet metal. Ideally you will have worked your way up from an apprentice to a Team Lead/Supervisor/Manager with in a sheet metal company.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable business with a strong set of core values in a friendly supportive environment. We have a strong focus on developing our people with the potential to further your career. Our salaries are competitive and we have purpose built sites that offer free car parking.
This exciting role would involve you managing and monitoring production KPI’s to ensure that the company achieves its quality and delivery targets. You’ll ensure that all production activity is cost efficient and effective.
You’ll use your experience to create effective KPI’s via SAP capacity planning to identify and control shop floor activities and improve performance. You will also promote and uphold company standards such as lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and work ethic.
An experienced leader of people, you’ll use your leadership style to improve performance, get support for your ideas and uphold the company’s core values.
Due to the nature of our business, experience in Sheet Metal work is essential.
Ideally you will have:
- Sheet Metal work experience, ideally in a leadership role.
- A relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineering , ideally up to HNC level
- Possess a broad background in fabrication and welding with a wide range of knowledge on manufacturing and production processes associated with these processes.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical engineering & technical drawings.
- Have a working understanding of production planning & scheduling, procurement, MRP and stock mgmt. systems
- Have a working understanding of quality management systems.
- Have a working understanding of health and safety best practice and legislation.
- Have a working understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools within a low volume, high quality manufacturing facility.
- Possess experience in the operating within an Aerospace Quality Management System.
- Strong problem solving skills & ‘design for manufacture’ skills.
- Possess a working understanding of leadership principles and management best practice.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and Customer focused working environment.
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Be able to get things done and make things happen to achieve the aims of production and the business.
- Possess the ability to implement and manage change in the business.
- Possess strong computer skills and competency in basic MS Office applications
If the Operations Manager/Workshop Manager role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!!