GPW are recruiting for our client, who manufacture innovative and state of the art processing and packaging machinery for supply to the FMCG industry and they are looking for a Panel Wirer to start ASAP.
The key responsibilties of the role will see the successful candidate build up control panels and back plates on all equipment produced by our client to the required timescale and quality and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order.
- Salary £21,000- £23000 per annum dependent on experience (monthly pay).
- Hours of work 40 hours ( Monday – Friday) working 08:00- 16:30
- Twenty days’ holiday plus bank holidays – increasing one day per year to maximum of 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Availability of bonus depends on company performance and is discretionary.
- Group Personal Pension Plan – Company contributes 5% after three pension years of service Company contribution is backdated to start date. Employer currently contributes 3%, Candidate has to put in minimum of 4% under auto enrolment.
- Thirty minutes lunch and two 15 minute breaks.
- Rest room with TV, drinks and snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
- Overtime at 1.5x for midweek and weekends.
Purpose of the Job:
To build up control panels and back plates on all equipment produced by our client to the required timescale and quality and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order.
- Build control panels as per drawing/specification
- Competent in crimping practise
- Prepare and drill for back plates
- Able to trunk and loom to accurate and neat standard
- Able to read and interpret schematic drawings
- Wire to safety switches, sensors and any remote control panels as specified on the drawing, utilising conduit and trunking as necessary
- Complete soldered connections where required
- Ensure electrical safety on all panels built
- Report any faults or shortages on build to the Team Leader
- Ensure all wiring is numbered correctly
- Ensure all electrical connections are tight and there are no loose or extraneous wires
- Conduct an inspection of electrical aspects and ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Assist customers and colleagues with problems that arise offering practical and
- appropriate solutions
- and report findings to the Customer Service & Assembly Manager as appropriate
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores appropriately
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective
- performance of the role
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
- Adhere to health and safety policies and procedures and carry out all activities in a manner which is responsible and safe to yourself and others.
- Develop positive relationships with all you come into contact with.
- Contribute positively to team and company morale and spirit.
- Accept responsibility for the quality of work and get it right first time.
- To carry out any other duties as requested.
This job description is a non-exhaustive summary of the main responsibilities within your role. In addition you may be expected to undertake additional duties in order to properly execute your role, to assist with the work of your department or to support other functions when requested to do so.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the apply now option below
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all applicants so please accept our apologies if this is the case.
You will be contacted within two working days’ if you have been shortlisted for an interview.