PC Repair Assembly Operative / IT Bench Test Technician – required urgently for a full time contract position in Bootle / Aintree area. Rate of pay is £6.56-£8.91/hr PAYE (dependent on age, experience and qualifications). The Bench Test Technician will be working 37hrs (Mon – Fri Days 6:45 / 7am start time) and may lead to a long term contract role if the candidate performs well in the role.
Job Objective: To effectively perform diagnostic checks on computer equipment / gaming terminals and associated peripherals and repair to fully operational condition.
The successful PC Repair Assembly Operative / IT Bench Test Technician day to day duties will include:
- Diagnosis of faults on gaming terminals / computer equipment and associated peripherals.
- Repair equipment to full operational condition by substitution / adjustment and replacement methods, using approved parts, whole PCB boards and minor assemblies.
- Support all equipment upgrade, modification and preventative maintenance requirements.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in problems and offer advice with verbal and written communications
- Interpret and follow technical procedures, manuals and processes to correctly use all diagnostic aids, tools and test rigs / equipment outlined.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
- Occasional lifting of gaming terminals / equipment
To be suitable for this PC Repair Assembly Operative / IT Bench Test Technician role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Electronic and mechanical assembly experience.
- Experience of dissassembling & assembling computers from components, install software and operating systems.
- Able to interpret and follow technical procedures, manuals and processes
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- PC Literate – MS Word, MS Excel and e-mails.
To be more suitable for this PC Repair Assembly Operative / IT Bench Test Technician role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Time served / completed apprenticeship as an Electronic Test Technician.
- Electronic fault finding to modular component level
- Surface mount and through-hole soldering experience
- Previous experience of fault finding on gaming machinery, printers and other peripherals.
- Relevant electrical / IT qualifications.
Key Words: Electrical Assembly, Computer Maintenance, Mechanical Assembly, Manufacture Assembly, PC Repair Operative, IT Bench Test Technician, PC Strip Down, Fault Finding, Panel Wiring, Soldering, Electronics, Electrical Technician, Aintree, Formby, Kirkby, Liverpool, Merseyside
The Successful PC Repair Assembly Operative / IT Bench Test Technician will be a team player who is highly motivated and keen to succeed. Always aiming to produce a quality product, adhere to health & safety policies at all times and have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment. You will also have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in this role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button