https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
PC Repair / IT Bench Test / Diagnostic Technician – required immediately for a full time contract position in Bootle / Aintree area. Rate of pay is £7.50/hr PAYE (dependent on experience and qualifications). The Bench Test Technician will be working 37hrs (Mon – Fri Days with flexible start time) and may lead to a long term contract role if the candidate performs well in the role.
Job Objective: To effectively perform diagnostic checks on computer equipment / gaming terminals and associated peripherals and repair to fully operational condition.
The successful Bench Test Technician / Diagnostic Technician day to day duties will include:
- Diagnosis of faults on gaming terminals / computer equipment and associated peripherals.
- Repair equipment to full operational condition by substitution / adjustment and replacement methods, using approved parts, whole PCB boards and minor assemblies.
- Support all equipment upgrade, modification and preventative maintenance requirements.
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in problems and offer advice with verbal and written communications
- Interpret and follow technical procedures, manuals and processes to correctly use all diagnostic aids, tools and test rigs / equipment outlined.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
- Occasional lifting of gaming terminals / equipment
To be suitable for this Bench Test Technician / Diagnostic Technician role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Electronic and mechanical assembly experience.
- Experience of assembling computers from components, install software and operating systems.
- Able to interpret and follow technical procedures, manuals and processes
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- PC Literate – MS Word, MS Excel and e-mails.
To be more suitable for this Bench Test Technician / Diagnostic Technician role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Time served / completed apprenticeship as an Electronic Test Technician.
- Electronic fault finding to component level
- Surface mount and through-hole soldering experience
- Previous experience of fault finding on gaming machinery, printers and other peripherals.
- Relevant electrical / IT qualifications.
Key Words: Electrical Assembly, Computer Maintenance, Mechanical Assembly, Fault Finding, Panel Wiring, Soldering, Electronics, Electrical Technician, Manufacture Assembly
The Successful Bench Test Technician / Diagnostic Technician will be a team player who is highly motivated and keen to succeed. Always aiming to produce a quality product, adhere to health & safety policies at all times and have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment. You will also have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Bench Test Technician / Diagnostic Technician role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button