http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently looking to recruit a Principal Project Manager/ Programme Director for a permanent position based in South West England. Our client will also consider a North West based candidate who is willing to travel to site 2 days per week. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
As the Principal Project Manager/ Programme Director you will be responsible for:
- Working with bid teams to scope projects and determine requirements, including exclusions and assumptions.
- Providing cost and delivery estimates and quotations, including margin and cash flow analysis.
- Contributions to tender preparation.
- Preparation of project schedules.
- Evaluating project risks.
- Developing partnering/supplier strategies.
- Pre-tender negotiations with clients and sub-contractors on pricing and contractual details.
- Reading and interpreting project specifications.
- Working with the project teams to plan resource requirements, project milestones and deliverables.
- Preparing project budgets and developing a cost base for the project.
- Preparing key planning documents such as Project Execution Plans, Risk Register, Delivery Schedule, etc.
- Generating resourced and costed schedules of work (Microsoft Project or Primavera P6).
- Setting up project files and templates.
- Holding internal and external opening-up meetings.
- Risk assessment and mitigation plans.
- Lead the partnering/supplier strategy and develop contracts for sub-contractors.
- Overall management, tracking and controlling of the project.
- Controlling project costs.
- Reporting internally on project performance.
- Tracking and reporting internally on the financial performance of the project including spend profiles, budgeted and earned values, forecasted completion costs etc.
- Manage change control throughout the project including Early Warning Notices and Compensation Event Notices.
- Managing the project team.
- Develop a cost base for the project.
- Supply chain management.
- Risk management.
- Ensuring invoices are submitted and monies are received.
- Key customer interface for the project including contractual change control, customer reporting and progress meetings.
- Develop and implement the overall project schedule including resource allocation and critical path analysis.
As the Principal Project Manager/ Programme Director you will ideally have:
- Experience of managing complex, high value (>£10M) projects, preferably within the UK nuclear or other highly regulated industries
- Senior experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Background in commercial Tier 2 contract management.
- Background in pre and post contract negotiation.
- Experience in contract change management.
- Extensive risk management experience.
- Substantial contractual understanding, particularly NEC 3.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6.
- Excellent organisational skills.
As the Principal Project Manager/ Programme Director you will ideally hold the following
- Full Membership of APM (MAPM) or PRINCE2 qualified.
- Engineering/technical qualification such as HNC, degree or equivalent experience.
If you would like to apply for the position of Principal Project Manager/ Programme Director please click “Apply now”