We are looking for a Process Improvement Engineer to work on a permanent basis for a global engineering client in Wigan.
Our client is looking fora Process Improvement Engineer from a food, dairy, brewing or similar industry background.
Salary is c£44,000 per annum plus benefits
The Process Quality Lead lies within the EMEA Operations business unit. You’ll be working in a high performing team, alongside peers always trying to reach the next level. You’ll be reporting into the Operations Manager. Get ready for a lot of exposure to internal senior stakeholders. The delivery of improved efficiency within the factory will be your primary responsibility. You’re constantly looking for improvement activities within Operations.
In brief, you will be responsible for;
- Ability to demonstrate individual contribution for delivery of centre improvement projects.
- Cover for Operations Manager
- Ensure correct data collection and reporting for the MDT performance analysis on Quality, absolute yield, process capability and OEE performance
- Leading root cause analysis on longer term (systemic) problems with main area of focus on product and process related projects
- Identification and analysis of key losses based on process variation and proposing improvement solutions.
- Strong leadership competencies required with the ability to demonstrate a systematic approach to problem solving and ability to influence across peer group
- Ability to lead others and identify specific business improvement opportunities
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and ensure communications are clear and understood
- Ability to engage and motivate teams when adapting and adopting change programs
- Have Training and coaching capabilities
Education & Experience:
- Experience of operating in a fast-moving production environment
- Basic engineering understanding
- Experience of delivering sustainable improvement plans which have contributed to business success
- Demonstrable structured problem solving skills
- Understanding of food safety and quality management systems (QRMP/HACCP)
- Project management skills
- Lean/value stream mapping experience an advantage
If the Process Improvement Engineer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!