https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
GPW Recruitment are working in partnership with a global manufacturing business who are looking to add a skilled individual to their team. This role has come about due to a current employee retiring.
This role is working Monday to Friday days.
The Process Specialist will work within and lead teams to improve the manufacturing processes, with the intention of reducing waste, emissions, quality losses, manufacturing costs, and improve efficiencies, reliability, output and safety whilst meeting the customer defined requirements.
The Process Specialist shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Utilising Lean principles and continuous improvement methodology, assess processes, equipment and manufacturing capability for efficiency, relevance and performance.
- Working with the operations team to design and develop solutions to eradicate problems, improve production characteristics and troubleshoot.
- Interpreting data from both technical and operational Associates with the intention of developing systems to capture and review information to implement solutions.
- Optimising processes for increased productivity, minimum energy consumption, maximum process efficiency and minimum total system cost.
- Conducting and modelling innovative process development experiments, process simulations and report results.
- Improving the quality of the product to sustainable levels and driving defects in raw materials, end products and all other inputs to zero.
- Working closely with other Process Engineers and plant associates to monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of the plant.
Knowledge and Skills
- Able to demonstrate the successful use of problem-solving techniques to improve manufacturing processes.
- A keen understanding and proven ability to employ Lean methodology.
- Experience working with coating lines or similar ranges would be advantageous.
- An understanding of woven textiles.
- Able to communicate at all levels, confident and articulate, and have self-assured presentation skills.
- Prepared to lead a number of case studies on projects in the plant, involving hands on interaction with Associates; business understanding, problem solving techniques, generating enthusiasm and supporting other Associates working on projects and case studies.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable in a lively and active team and be prepared to take on other duties as and when necessary to achieve team goals.
- Creative and innovative with the ability to work quickly and accurately with detail.
- Experienced in SAP & Barco would be advantageous.
If you interested in this role, please apply now.