https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Working with this specialist, established, expanding and successful market leading manufacturing company, this is an exciting time to join them in this new role of Procurement Assistant where you will be responsible for:
- Managing the portfolio of suppliers within your nominated categories to deliver the strategic vision of the business in terms of innovation, cost, quality and customer focus.
- Identifying risk in the supply chain and developing and implementing strategies to mitigate the risk.
- Ensuring adherence to all company policies and prevailing business regulations.
- Supporting the bidding process with lead-time, technical and costing inquiries.
- Providing procurement expertise and support to Research and Development activities.
Your main duties will include:
- Provide timely costing and lead time information for goods and services to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that Terms and Conditions of Purchase are used in all contracts for supply.
- Specifically maintain or improve our Terms of Payment in line with ongoing business requirements.
- Support the generation of Contracts of Supply and Pricing Agreements where applicable.
- Maintain all relevant cost and lead time information required for all major business processes within our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform.
- In collaboration with the Strategic Procurement Manager, source and evaluate new suppliers as required and as part of our continuous improvement philosophy.
- Provide the Production Scheduling Manager with supplier performance reports on an as required basis
- Support company meetings requiring procurement input imparting knowledge and best practice to the process.
- Support supplier meetings.
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Communicate effectively with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a champion for procurement and related processes with the organisation.
- Develop and guide suppliers within a specific category of spend towards providing added value processes, products and services.
- Understand the requirements of the key stakeholders in the business and ensure that any procurement solution satisfies the requirements.
- Preferred – Degree level in a business, engineering or an equivalent discipline.
- Have or working towards the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Qualifications.
Proven & Successful Experience:
- Direct experience within a procurement environment ideally in an engineering / chemical manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Team based problem solving.
This is a permanent role paying up to £27,000 pa + bens.
To apply for the role of Procurement Assistant please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.