https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and talented Procurement Category Manager to join a well-established and yet rapidly growing specialist manufacturing/engineering company based in Lytham.
As Procurement Category Manager you will lead and actively product supply chain requirement and purchase direct goods for Exhaust valve production lines. You’ll interface with production planning, quality and project functions to ensure that strategic quantity demands are communicated effectively with the supply chain.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Supplier selection and sourcing strategies including new supplier development.
- Price negotiations.
- Inventory management and value ownership.
- Dispute resolution.
- Cost recovery for poor quality.
- Supplier ERP scheduling.
- Attend project meetings.
- Attend management meetings.
- Supplier visits.
- Expediting components.
- Ensuring supplier delivery performance adherence.
- Cost reduction programs.
- Any other tasks defined by the Head of Procurement.
- Ensure all activities carried out are ethical, meet H & S regulations and comply with Company procedures
- Ensure your area of responsibility complies with the Environmental Management System.
Experience and training required:
Competent IT skills, experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, ERP experience, Good communicator.
A salary of around £45,000 pa depending on experience, plus benefits is on offer. To apply for the role of Procurement Category Manager please click apply now or feel free to call Mark Clarke directly on 01744 452032 between 8 am and 5pm or 07391 869485 outside of these hours.