http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Product Development Engineer – Circa £48k-£55k Per Annum
Main Function of Job:
- Responsible for the development and validation of products, systems and components.
- Analysing and directing recommendations for problem resolution to the expectation of the client.
- Work to improve the performance and efficiency of existing products.
- Provide support to new product launches.
- Plan projects or tasks so they may be tracked and presented.
- Evaluate results impact upon completion of project.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Autodesk suite of software (AutoCAD 3D, LT, Inventor, Vault, Revit etc)
- Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel etc)
- Bespoke Estimating software.
- Microsoft Dynamics.
- Degree in relevant discipline encompassing engineering techniques and innovations.
- Experience in a construction engineering role, preferably involving design of facades and/or structural steel.
- Knowledge of materials science a distinct advantage.
- Communication Skills: Must be able to articulate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Analytical and Numerate: must be able to analyse data and identify trends and outcomes within the context of the bigger picture.
- Creativity and innovation: able to adopt a creative but logical approach to product and system development, paying attention to detail and solving problems.
- Planning and organisation: Must be able to establish a course of action to accomplish specific goals and effectively allocate necessary resources in a logical and methodical way.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyse customer product specifications and applicable regulations /legislations;
- Define the product functional analysis to translate customer specifications and internal requirements into clear product performance criteria;
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends;
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems;
- Define the product improvements to meet the specifications;
- Substantiate performance of & justification for new development;
- Work closely with suppliers to determine any parameter changes;
- Communicate with internal and external clients to deliver updates, design recommendations and analysis results;
- Lead the product validations and accreditations processes;
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews;
- Support and lead process improvement activities;
- Train people within own work group;
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
N.B. In addition to the main duties and responsibilities of your job, you may be required to carry out additional tasks as can reasonably be expected.
- 25 days per annum (3 or 4 days to be taken at Christmas)
Hours of Work:
- 8:30am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday,
- 8:30am – 4:00pm Friday. Half an hour for lunch